CHAPTER XVII: THE JEDI DIARIES

The next day we are off and headed to Naboo. The car ride is smoother after we leave the big city. We do have breakfast at that same diner before we go though. I made a joke about ordering Fool's Gold again but he just rolled his eyes.

We take the road south for hours. Naboo is pretty secluded and a major vacation attraction because of the landscape and beaches with the warm water of the massive lake that it rests beside.

The views of the forests and hills are really incredible there. I've never been... obviously.

"Can you grab my sunglasses?" Ben asks.

"Why should I?" I ask while chewing a Twizzler.

"Because hun," he says like I'm a child, "if the sun shines in my eyes I won't be able to see the road, then we'll crash, and you'll die a slow and painful death pinned under your own rusty rolling nuisance."

"What did he just call me?" BB-8 demands in offense even though Ben was talking about my car.

I groan loudly at Ben. "Fine." I grab his sunglasses and he tries to take them but I protest. "Keep your hands on the road!"

"Rey just—"

"No let me do it!" then I attempt to put his glasses on for him and we almost end up crashing. I start laughing and snorting and he pinches me and pokes me on the stomach so I start swatting and finally BB-8 has to break it up.

.

Most of the ride is peaceful though. After BB-8 is done telling stories I just sit in the passenger seat and read as we listen to music. I am in the middle of a sentence and rereading it again as I am dozing off a bit. That's when Ben puts his hand on my leg, his palm resting on my skin. It distracts me enough to look away from my book and at him.

He's just driving and not noticing my gaze, his usual uncaring expression that I have just curiously learned to love

He's just driving and not noticing my gaze, his usual uncaring expression that I have just curiously learned to love. I finally close my book and wrap my arms around his arm, resting my cheek against it to let my heavy lids close.

 I finally close my book and wrap my arms around his arm, resting my cheek against it to let my heavy lids close