CHAPTER XXIII: SLEEPLESS ON STARKILLER

(song above is dedicated to Ben Solo)

"What do you mean 'what do I mean'? It's not that hard to understand just get your ass back here now!" Han says into his phone.

.

LUKE:

"Okay fine, Mr. Oh-we-have-a-slight-hiccup." I hang up and then get back to my buddies. "Hey Nick says there're bagels in the break room I gotta go," I tell them and then drop my coffee on the security screens, making them bug out and shut off. "Oh nuggets I'm so sorry—" I add and then flee from the room, bumping into three Stormtroopers out in the hallway when I do. "Hey they're this way! Let's go!" I start running with them the wrong direction but then stop and turn to run the other direction when they're not paying attention.

I didn't even have to use a mind trick for that one. Man troopers are stupid.

.

REY:

"Now what are we going to do?!" I ask over the noise.

"I don't know how this system works and I've never hacked anything in my life!" Finn panics.

"Well I don't know either! Why would I?!"

"Should we just run?" He hesitates and then so do I. We look between each other...

We have no clue what to do.

I hadn't noticed that Ben was staring at the ground in deep calculation, his brows tensed until he looks over at the screens and then back at us. He then begins taking his armor off him quickly with determination. "Rey, seal that door any way you can. Han tell Luke to stay out there and stall. Finn and Chewy make yourselves useful and go out to help Luke," he says to everyone and takes a seat before the monitors and controls.

 Finn and Chewy make yourselves useful and go out to help Luke," he says to everyone and takes a seat before the monitors and controls

"And do what?" Finn asks.

"Whatever you can!" he insists.

He clenches his jaw and then puts his trooper helmet back on. He looks up at Chewy. "I don't suppose you can fit into one of these uniforms can you...?" he sighs.

"Here," Han hands him a First Order blaster and opens the door.

"What if we get caught?"

"Sucks for you," he says and closes the door.

"Han!" I tell him.

"What do you want me to do?!" he defends himself.

"Just call Luke!"

"Shut up kids!" Ben shouts as he works.

Han dials and I pull out my blaster from Chewy to knock out the security camera in the room that hadn't been taken care of officially. Then I look at the panel on the wall for the door...