CHAPTER XVI: DATE (AT A) NIGHT (CLUB)

After I have packed my things I shut the door and tape up a note on the entrance side of it... I know they won't come back but if anyone comes and doesn't know where to find me the note says to contact the Solos...

After that I take a deep breath and walk down the steps. This place is where I've spent my whole life... but it's not home... And that's what I'm setting out to find.

I adjust the strap on my bag and head out the door, not looking back.

I'm going to see where this adventure takes me. And immediately my eyes lock onto Ben's as he leans against the outside of my truck. I smile when I see him and head up to the passenger side. I drove here but he will drive us to Coruscant.

We already said goodbye to his family and such and I told Poe and Finn what we were doing and said I'd keep them updated. I plop down in the seat with my bag on my lap and shut the door.

He gets in and immediately says, "Ah! What the f—?" he had hit his head and can't even get his legs in all the way. He pulls the lever on the side and pulls the seat down and further back from the wheel. "I'm beginning to think you're actually an ewok, scavenger," he says with frustration as he climbs in.

"Oh shut it, wookie," I roll my eyes as he shuts the door and I toss my bag into the back seat. "Where to, first? Get gas?"

"You have a quarter tank."

"That's not nearly enough."

"Well we can stop by the gas station."

I nod and he starts the car... I sit there and look out over the dunes that I don't think I'm going to miss that much as Ben backs us up...

"Sweet mother of Jefferson Davis there's a Sentret here!" a familiar droid beeps as he pops out of the blankets and scares us half to death, a phone in his hand.

I frown and look behind me. "BB-8?!" I ask in shock.

"Oh my Force..." Ben puts a hand to his face.

"What are you doing back there?!"

He beeps back in an obvious tone, "I'm coming with you."

"Over my dead body," Ben says angrily.

"Yeah we're taking you back to Poe," I agree. "How did you even get in here?"

"No!" he pleads. "I know how to get to Coruscant!"

"We have a GPS." Ben slams down the device down on the center console for the droid to see.

BB-8 looks at it... and then at Ben for a long time... ... ... and then finally takes out his electric zapper and uses it to break the GPS.

Ben looks ready to explode and he shuts his eyes.

The droid just brings his arm back in and looks at us. I swear if he could he would be smiling right now just... ever so "innocently".

I flatten my lips.

"Make a U-turn," he beeps.

Ben lets out a long sigh and starts up the truck.

.

We drive from Jakku in silence but then I remember. "Oh I made something on your computer!" I say and look behind me. "BB-8, get me the disk from the front pouch of my bag."