CHAPTER IX: WHAT IF (I DON'T HATE BEN SOLO)?

Upon entering the school today

Upon entering the school today... I get the same amount of attention as before. But this time I don't give a damn what they think. I ignore every one of them as I walk down the halls straight to my locker. Let's just say though, it's a different kind of attention than yesterday. I spot a couple making out against some lockers and when the guy's eyes catch me he backs away and stares. That's when he gets a slap from his girlfriend.

Ha.

I am loving this!

I do my best strut down the hallway proudly, not feeling like this since... well ever I don't think. I catch some familiar looks and it's... oh it's Finn and Poe... and their eyes widen probably not in a good way. Finn looks horrified as if I have been seduced by the Dark side... and Kylo Ren. Poe looks shocked but also his brow raises as if he's checking me out just a tad...

I just avoid eye contact as if I didn't notice them. They can deal with it for now.

I turn my attention to the hot Darksider ahead that leans against the lockers and throw a harmless wink at him.

As gawks from everyone's faces follow me I make my way past them all who seem to move out of the way for me.

I spot Ben ahead just getting stuff from his locker and when his eyes casually drift they catch mine and he just looks back at his locker... but then he stops and stares at the books when he realizes something, his eyes wide with shock. He then looks back at me as I approach him. His eyes look dazed and he behaves as if he cannot believe what he is seeing. He lifts one brow as he looks me over with surprise. I can't tell if he's harshly judging me or checking me out. His eyes are still a little wide as if he just almost doesn't recognize me and his mouth slightly hangs open.

I just walk up my locker and say casually, "'Sup," and work on unlocking it.

He doesn't reply at all and I can feel his eyes just glued to me. But what makes me uncomfortable is that I don't know where exactly his eyes are glued.

It's a couple long—... well I think it's just one minute but it's a long minute and I finally look at him weirdly. He seems speechless a bit... and I notice his cheeks are a darker color.

 and I notice his cheeks are a darker color