CHAPTER XIV: HOW TO ANNOY A GUY IN 10 DAYS

The next morning I feel even better than I did before and the nurse instructs that I get up and walk.

Ben swallows, not looking keen on the idea but not going to argue of course. He just cares about my comfort.

"Can I um have some more pain medicine first?" I ask humbly, not wanting to move my legs because I know it will hurt

"We don't want to give you any more morphine for now. It would at this point have a negative effect on you."

Ben doesn't like the sound of that and neither do I. But then again his eyebrows are always pulled together like that.

"In fact we are going to unhook your IV. You'll still have it in case we need to inject anything but you won't be chained up. We don't need you on any fluids anymore." They begin to do just that.

I take a deep breath. "That's a relief... I still can't believe I'm recovering this fast..."

"You should be able to be discharged today in fact," Ben says as he comes to my bedside and looks me over.

"Seriously? That's awesome, oh! I want a Big Mac," I smile excitedly.

He chuckles. "Let's focus on getting warmer first. I can almost hear your shivering," he states and pulls off his favorite sweatshirt. How did he tell I was cold? I actually wasn't shivering but something tells me our Force connection makes it so we can't lie to one another. He gently pulls my arm through and then my other, thanks to the unfastening of my IV to allow it. He zips it up and immediately it feels warm and cozy around my small body, his scent in the fabric, and the size way too large for me.

I smile and blush slightly. "So, how are we gonna get all these out of here?" I motion my hand to all the plush toys and gift baskets.

"Moving trucks?" He scratches the back of his head.

"I don't knew if that'll be big enough..."

"True we may need an aircraft carrier... And another one for that," he points to the bear Finn got me.