"Is that smoke? Braden, I think there's a fire!" Dawn said before she jumped out of my truck despite that I was barely pulling into the driveway.

"Dawn, wait!" I said as I rushed after her, Dawn was already using her phone calling the cops.

"The door is locked." Dawn said as she tried to open the front door.

I moved Dawn to the side before I kicked the door open. Inside the house there was complete chaos, most of the furniture had been either knocked over or was broken, there was glass on the floor cracking under our feet from the several broken picture frames, some of the windows were broken, I could see the fire that had started upstairs and had spread to the living room, the house was starting to fill up with smoke.

"My goddess." Dawn said shocked as she stared at the stair rail, it was broken, half of it moved as if someone had been slammed against it.

"I'm going to kill him." I said as I clenched my fists.

Dawn walked around with me close behind, she kept on calling Harmony although I could tell that she was scared for when she called out her voice quivered.

"Harmony, oh goddess, Harmony!" Dawn screamed as she entered the kitchen.

As I went after her I saw what I had made her react that way, Harmony was sprawled on the kitchen floor, the hair close to her scalp was damp with her blood, her body was covered in wounds and bruised, her face had several cuts yet her cheeks were stained with tears. Seeing Harmony like this broke my heart yet it also fueled my anger, I was going to kill the bastard who did this to her.

Dawn got near Harmony but as soon as my sister touched her Harmony wined crouching away in fear.

"No, please no." Harmony weakly said as she attempted to protect herself.

"Red, I'm so sorry." I said as I got to her side softly touching her cheek.

Harmony opened her eyes meeting my gaze and relaxed for a bit.

"Braden, he's going to be back, he said that this time he would kill me, make me pay for what I did to my mum." Harmony said crying.

I shook my head.

"He won't hurt you anymore, I won't let him put a finger on you." I promised Harmony as I softly kissed her lips.

I heard a chuckle behind us, I turned around and saw a man in his late forties standing by the doorway, he reeked like alcohol and he was a complete mess. Instead of fair skin and ginger hair like Harmony he had dark hair and tan skin, I didn't see how they could be related for they didn't look alike, not even a single bit.

"Don't tell me she fooled you, she's nothing but a whore like her mother." The man said as he laughed at Harmony's state.

I stood up and only saw red, I was blinded by rage.

"You motherfucker, you fucking cunt-looking bastard!" I growled as I lunched at him, for being a simple drunk human he was quite strong but I was enraged.

I slammed him against the wall and punched him repeatedly thinking of how many times he must've done this to Harmony, despite his drunken state he somehow managed to fight back.

I kept on hitting him until he stopped fighting.

"Please stop." The man pleaded as blood gushed out of his mouth.

"Braden!" Dawn yelled from the kitchen.

"Harmony probably said that to you earlier, but you didn't give a fuck, did you?" I said as I punched him against the wall.