Hemwin Dinner

Luke, Braxton and Ashton arrived at the Irwins house. Luke's mom was already there.

Braxton was about to open the door when Ashton grabbed his brothers arm.

"Wait. Please don't push it, let me bring it up on my own terms." Ashton pleaded his voice quiet.

"I promise." Braxton smiled warmly at his brother.

Luke saw there was still worry and fear in Ashton's eyes. It made Luke feel bad for Ashton.

Braxton opened the door and they were immediately greeted by both Luke's mom and Ashton's mom.

"Oh look at my boys!" Liz cooed as he attempted to wrap all three in a hug.

"Oh Elizabeth stop hogging them!" Anne laughed as she gripped each boy individually.

"Luke, you survived a week with these two, you deserve a metal." Jason spoke with a large grin walking into the kitchen.

"Surprisingly, I did." Luke laughed nudging Braxton playfully.

"I'm so glad you boys had a good time." Anne smiled.

"Come on boys, I got the soccer field set up out back." Jason said looking at Luke and Braxton.

"Ashton, you coming?" Luke asked trying to be nice. He wasn't sure if he'd play, half the time he either watched or helped his mom in the kitchen.

"Only if I don't get stuck on your team." Ashton shrugged. The room seemed to pause.

"Aww, what's wrong don't want to lose?" Luke laughed.

"Not really and us two on a team will guarantee that." Ashton answered with a chuckle.

Anne and Liz cooed as the boys followed Jason out to the back yard.

The night had been going smoothly Luke and Ashton didn't talk much but when they did they kept it civil. They all chatted through dinner easily. As everyone finished eating Luke noticed Ashton's tension. He was sitting next to the honey haired boy so he reached under the table placing a conforting hand on Ashton's.

Ashton surprised by the gesture grabbed Luke's hand tightly.

"Can I just say that I am so glad you two are because friends." Liz smiled looking between Ashton and Luke.

Ashton gripped Luke's hand harder.

"What changed between you two?" Anne asked.

Luke felt Ashton shaking a bit.

"Well, we knew how important is was for Braxton and we talked about it-"

"I stopped being an ass for 5 seconds and found a good guy who ended up helping with a troubled situation I was in." Ashton interrupted.

Luke frowned at Ashton. Braxton smiled as did Liz.

"What kind of troubled situation son?" Jason asked.

Luke felt like his hand was going to break with how tight Ashton was holding it.

"I was trying to pressure him into talking to this girl we met." Braxton piped in.

"Why?" Anne asked turning to her other son.

"Because I was really into her friend." Braxton explained.

"Oh?" Jason raised a brow.

"In fact her and I are dating." Braxton spoke clearing his throat a bit.

"You have a...girlfriend?" Anne asked seeming surprised.

"Yes, her name is Camilla, you'll get to meet her next weekend. She's coming to visit.

"That's awesome son." Jason smiled widely obviously thrilled.

"Congratulations." Liz grinned at Braxton.

"I don't understand why you wanted Ashton to date her friend." Anne frowned looking back to Ashton.

He looked terrified.

"I thought he'd really like her and we could go down and visit them together and double date and stuff." Braxton shrugged tossing a glance at Ashton.

"So why didn't you just tell him you weren't interested?" Jason asked turning to Ashton.

"Because, because..." Ashton trailed off.

Luke squeezed his hand gently.

"Because he was afraid to upset Braxton." Luke spoke up.

"Why would that upset Braxton?" Anne asked still confirm.

"Because I'm gay." Ashton blurted.

The room stayed silent.

"Mom, dad please say something." Ashton begged.

"Honey, why didn't you tell us sooner?" Anne asked her tone soft.

"I knew you weren't keen on the idea when Braxton came out, I didn't want to upset you. I know how important grandkids are to you." Ashton released Luke's hand.

"Ashton, you're happiness is what's important, not whether or not you have children." Jason spoke calmly.

"R-really?" Ashton asked a bit surprised.

"Of course honey, sure I want you to have kids but I want you to be happy." Anne agreed with her husband.

"Besides, Braxton's got that pressure now right?" Jason winked at his youngest son.

Braxton laughed.

"So any lucky guys you've got your eye on?" Liz asked.

"No, not right now." Ashton lied. He was thankful Luke and Braxton didn't try to argue.

"Oh, darn it was kind of hoping that's where Luke came in." Liz pouted.

Luke snapped his head towards his mom.

"What?" Luke snapped.

"Oh, Anne could you imagine." Liz smiled leaning towards her friend.

"Oh, you two would make a wonderful couple." Anne cooed as her and Liz giggled like schoolgirls.

"I convinced him to tell Braxton how he really felt, that's it." Luke lied.

"Aww, but Luke, honey, Ashton is a very attractive young man, surely you two would consider it."

"Oh, then he'd really be my son." Anne clapped her hands together with glee.

"Not gonna happen." Braxton barked suddenly.

"Why not?" Liz and Anne pouted.

"He's mybest friend and he's my brother. How awkward. Besides you know I don't like my friends dating each other." Braxton huffed.

The table went quiet. Everyone knew how sensitive that subject was.

"Don't worry, Brax, I'm not going to date Ashton." Luke spoke giving Braxton a small smile.

Ashton felt his heart drop at Luke's words. He knew it would never happen but it still hurt to hear.

*AN*
The bandaid is off! Ashton's out to his parents. Phew, now on to more Lashton drama!
P.s. I'll be starting a new book soon! Hope to see you there. 😊