A word

Ashton followed slowly as the other five guys led the way to the beach.

"You guys will like them, I promise. Jade is really sweet and Camila is really funny. Also be nice to Alec." Luke spoke excitedly.

"So are you dating this Alec guy or what?" Michael asked.

"I just met him last night." Luke said his cheeks flushing a bit.

"You didn't answer the question." Michael pointed out.

"No, we're not dating." Luke answered his tone quieter.

"You really like this guy, don't you?" Braxton teased poking Luke's cheek.

"I dunno. He's sweet, and fun and smart, and really good looking." Luke shrugged blushing again.

"Wow, someone is smitten." Calum teased as well.

Ashton couldn't help but notice the frown planted on Liam's face.

"You okay, Li?" Ashton asked.

"I'm fine." Liam answered his frown disappearing as he smiled at Ashton.

"Luke, can I have a word?" Ashton asked a bit harshly.

"Sure, incognito." Luke smirked earning laughter from the other boys. Ashton remained unamused.

"Now." Ashton snapped grabbing Luke's arm and pulling him back.

"I'm only going to say this one more time. Stay away from Liam." Ashton ordered.

"What is your deal? We're just friends. Chill out." Luke huffed.

"I get that but I'm thinking Liam sees you differently. I don't need you leading him on." Ashton snapped.

"Trust me, Liam doesn't see me as anything more than a friend. You're just afraid he'll develop feelings for me and you're jealous." Luke smirked.

"I'm not fucking in love with Liam. Can you drop it? I see him looking at you differently. I don't know what happened that night he crashed at your house, but I swear he can't keep his eyes off of you. He hates when you even mention Alex."

"Alec." Luke corrected.

"Whatever." Ashton rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious. Back off."

"You're over reacting." Luke said dismissively.

"Watch Liam today and tell me I'm wrong." Ashton growled.

Luke rolled his eyes. They reached the beach where, Camila, Jade and Alec were already waiting.

"Hey, you." Alec smiled leaning in to hug Luke.

Luke hugged Alec back. As he did so he tossed a glance at Liam who was frowning at them.
When Alec pulled away he placed a quick kiss on Luke's cheek.

Luke smiled, blushing, before starting introductions.

-

Everyone was currently sitting at a large table under a few palm trees. Calum, Michael, Camila and Braxton were having one conversation while Luke, Alec, Jade and Liam had another. Ashton sat quietly observing Liam and Luke.
Luke and Alec were flirting a bit and he could see the discomfort on Liam's face.

"Can I just say how cute you two are together?" Camila spoke interrupting Jade and pointing at Alec and Luke.

The two guys blushed heavily.

Liam snorted earning a confused look from Alec and Ashton and a glare from Luke.

"Hey, Li, a word please." Luke said standing.

Luke lead Liam out of earshot of the table.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? I get that you're jealous of Alec or whatever but if you don't want everyone to know about us then you need to keep your trap shut." Luke spoke harshly.

"Look, I'm sorry but I am jealous of him. You barely acknowledge me when he's around and I hate it but, I want your attention. I love that I can be me around you and if I need to blow off a little steam, you'll be there." Liam sighed.

"Why don't you want to tell anyone?" Luke asked.

"I don't know." Liam shifted nervously.

"Well if you aren't careful Ashton is going to figure it out." Luke said glancing at the table to see Ashton was in fact watching them.

Ashton watched carefully as Luke spoke to Liam. Liam looked like a scolded child. Ashton knew something had to be going on between them but he thought Liam was straight.

"Whatever the reason is that you don't want to tell them you need to get over it, they're gonna find out eventually. Do you really want it to be them walking in on us one day?" Luke spoke in a serious tone.

"I don't want them to know cause I like Braxton." Liam blurted.

"Y-you what?" Luke asked. He felt his heart drop.

"I should have told you sooner but you offered the whole friends with benefits thing and I couldn't say no." Liam explained hurriedly.

"Yes, you could have. What happens if you and Braxton ever got together?" Luke replied harshly.

"That'll never happen." Liam said dropping his eyes.

"He's bi, you know that."

"He says that but I've never seen him with a guy. I don't know that I believe him. He's always flirting with girls and such." Liam huffed.

"You need to tell them." Luke said crossing his arms.

"But I can't." Liam shook his head.

"You have to at some point. Just think about it." Luke said before going back to the table.

"You look a little irritated, is everything okay?" Braxton asked.

"Yeah, fine." Luke lied. Truth was he was hurt. He knew Liam was using him but knowing that he had a thing for his best friend crushed him. Luke's  feelings for Liam had only grown since their friends with benefits started and now he felt stupid to ever think Liam might return his feelings.
He had to get over Liam, even if that meant falling for someone else. His eyes landed on Alec who was currently mid conversation with Calum. Luke smiled, maybe Alec was what Luke needed to get over Liam, just maybe.

*AN*
Filler chapter. Any thoughts on what's going to happen? I hope you liked it. xox