Nothing is going on

Liam slumped in his seat. He was irritated and didn't want to be on the beach any longer.
He watched as Luke flirted with the dark haired guy next to him. Why had Luke even gone to talk to him anyway?

"Hey, Li, you okay?" Braxton asked nudging Liam.

"Fine." Liam lied. He was confused. He had been feeling things for Braxton lately but then things started happening with Luke and was falling for Luke.

Liam noticed Alec glancing his way nervously. Did he suspect something. Liam looked away not wanting to arise any suspicion.

"Luke, can I ask you something?" Alec asked quietly.

"Sure." Luke nodded.

"Is something going on between you and Liam?" Alec asked tossing a glance at Liam.

"No, why?" Luke asked.

"He's been watching you all day. Plus it seems like there is some tension between you two." Alec responded.

Luke looked over at Liam who was currently sulking in his seat.

"I dunno, that's strange. I'll have to talk to him later." Luke shrugged.

Alec only nodded.

Ashton watched curiously as Liam watched Luke and Alec.

"Li, take a walk with me." Ashton urged standing up.

"I actually think I'm going to head up to the room. I'm gonna see if I can get a nap in. I'm just really tired." Liam said standing as well.

"You sure?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah, you guys have fun, I'll see you around dinner." Liam waved before heading towards the hotel.

"So is he an ex of yours?" Camilla asked turning to Luke.

"Liam? No way." Luke snorted.

"He has been acting kind of weird around you." Calum pointed out.

"Really? I haven't noticed anything." Luke shrugged.

"I thought I was the only one who noticed it." Braxton piped up.

"Seriously, Luke, what's going on between you two?" Ashton snapped.

"Nothing is going on. I don't know what you guys think you're seeing." Luke snapped back.

"I'm going to get a drink, I'll be back." Luke huffed before leaving the table.

Luke reached the bar feeling slightly stressed. Liam was being way to obvious.

"So, does he just really like you or did you two date?" Alec's voice asked from beside Luke.

"We didn't date, I told you." Luke huffed.

"Then he likes you." Alec said looking at Luke.

"Liam would never like me." Luke sighed sadly.

"Do I sense some remorse in your tone?" Alec asked.

"What? No, I was just saying." Luke shook his head vigorously.

"I know denial when I see it." Alec chuckled.

"I'm not in denial." Luke argued.

"Then you just don't want anyone to know." Alec commented.

"Why are you so convinced-"

"Because I went through something similar." Alec interrupted.

"I was in love with my best friend. Didn't want anyone to know."

"Did he ever find out?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, but he didn't return the feelings. Liam returns your feelings." Alec said.

Luke sighed heavily.

"No he doesn't."

"Ha, so you do have feelings for him." Alec smirked.

"Dammnit." Luke swore.

Alec chuckled lightly.

"He's pretty obvious what's keeping you from him?" Alec asked.

"He said he has feeling for Braxton. And his best friend, Ashton, hates me. He keeps telling me to stay away from Liam." Luke sighed.

"Does Ashton have feelings for Liam?" Alec asked with a frown.

"I think so, though he denies it anytime I mention it." Luke shrugged.

"Hmmm, sounds messy." Alec shook his head.

"I know." Luke nodded.

"Well, I don't want to complicate things any further so I'm going to remove myself from the equation." Alec said standing.

"You're leaving?" Luke frowned.

"I don't like to get mixed up in drama. I have enough of my own at home. But it was really great getting to know you. I hope things work out with Liam." Alec smiled.

"Thanks. I'm sorry the circumstances weren't different." Luke sighed. He hated to see Alec leave but he couldn't blame him.

"See ya, Luke." Alec waved.

"Bye." Luke said quietly with another sigh. He'd really hoped to get over Liam but it didn't look like that would be happening.

*AN*
Super short update. I haven't been feeling well, that's why it's been a while. I promise to have a better update soon!