Ch. 41 -- Family Time

An hour later and I have my entire family here with me. William is talking to the doctor about the procedure, Dean left with a nurse to put on the medical coat and mask he needs to have on while being in the examination room with me, Damon is with Cody trying to calm him down since he is in freaking out mode right know about his twin sister going to arthroscopy in five minutes and I am sitting on Sam's lap quietly waiting for the noise and commotion to stop. 
"Okay Viviana, it's time to go." The doctor says to me after a few minutes.
        I am led to a dark room with a bed and machines and surgery tools on a table next to the bed. Dean is patiently waiting for me, his extended hand held out towards me to help me onto the surgery table. I take his hand and lay on the table; the doctor places a mask on me where I inhale the medicine that puts me gently to sleep as Dean whispers in my ear that I will be alright, that he won't leave my side. Before panic can even set in, I am peacefully sleeping. 

~~~~~~~Dean's POV~~~~~~~~

        I hold Viviana's hand as she sleeps, the doctor appointed to her case takes off the mask and starts to grab the long tube with the camera on one end. The machine and tube are all set up showing exactly what it sees once it enters her. The doctor, alongside a nurse, open up Vi's mouth and places some sort of tool that keeps it open with my help as well to make sure she does not choke or unconsciously closes her mouth, then he slips the tube down her throat. On the small screen on the machine we can see the camera go down her throat and into her chest where we see yellow/brown fluid gathered. The doctor moves the camera around to examine her entire chest area to see more fluid everywhere. 
"Now this is interesting." He mutters
"What? Is it really as bad as I think it is?"
"What? Oh no, Mr. Reyes, yes she has excess fluid more then the normal person should have in her chest area, but it wouldn't be a problem to get ride of with some breathing treatments every night and a check-up with me in a week."
        The doctor takes out the camera and starts to put away the tools, the nurse taking them all to clean it off. I pick up Vi and carry her out of the room where the rest of our brothers are waiting. They could all hear my conversation with the doctor through the speaker in the room they were watching us in, so after some paperwork William had to sign for her discharge, I change her gently on the hospital bed into her warm winter pajama's and wrapped her in her special hospital blanket. I carried Vi to the Impala and placed her gently in Cody's arms in the back seat, climbing into the drivers seat, Sam in the passenger seat and Damon with William in his car. The doctor gave William the medicated breathing slip and recommended that we pick up the machine today so that Vi can start tonight with her treatment, William went to our pharmacy with Damon to pick up her medication and some extra things we need for the house as I made my way back home. Vi is still sleeping from the drug they gave her, so I put her in her room with Zeus laying protectively next to her, switched on the camera, and made my way downstairs to try to talk with Sam.
        I walk into the kitchen where Sam is cooking meat and rice and start to get out the salad ingredients to start on the salad. I wash the vegetables and place them in a large bowl. Sam is completely ignoring me, staring at the meat as if expecting it to grow legs and walk off the pan. After chopping the vegetables and mixing them together, I dry my hands on a towel, click the small screen on my phone to see Vi still sleeping and turn up the speaker to hear her breathing. 
"Sam, is everything okay? You were acting weird earlier at the hospital. Barely even looked at Viviana." Sam doesn't say anything for a couple minutes, getting irritated at him I yell, "SAM!"  I startle him with my loud voice, seeing him jump a little.
"What? Oh, yeah. I'm Fine." He turns the meat over and starts to put on meat seasoning. 
"No, you're not. What is going on?!"
"Fine Dean! You want to know whats wrong with me?!" Sam slams down the meat seasoning on the counter, spilling it everywhere as he turns to face me, "Viviana is getting worse! Can't you see that every night she is having nightmares? Everyday she has six different medicines she has to take! She isn't getting better. What if she is dying?" Sam starts out yelling, but he ends up whispering the last sentence, a few tears slipping from his eyes. "I can't loose her, Dean. None of us can."
"Sammy, look at me. She is going to be fine! She is NOT DYING! Okay? She is only going through a hard time, moving from a humid, hot area to a cold, dry area. It's hard on her lungs but she will get through it. We all have to pitch in and help her get better though. Meaning no junk food, sitting down with her to make sure she eats all her food and her medicine. Making sure she sleeps for eight to nine hours and if she doesn't sleep that night, making sure she starts taking naps. I am going to talk with her school principle tomorrow with Damon about moving Viviana to an online school, her lungs are too sensitive right now and her immune system too weak to be around all those kids five days a week." 
Sam nods his head, whips away the couple tears that happen to escape and quietly says, "Yes. We need to be more protective and strict with Viviana. She cannot be outside when the weather is bad. This is the only way she will get better."
        At that moment, I hear a small cry on the camera. I turn to see Vi sitting up on her bed, gently petting Zeus. She is trying to speak but I can tell it is hard for her. The doctor did say she would have a sore throat for a few hours after the procedure. I pat Sam on the back and head upstairs with a cup of hot tea for Viviana. I walk into her room and sit on her bed next to her, giving her the cup of tea.
"Thank you" She whispers.
"How are you feeling?" I touch her forehead to see she does not have a fever.
"Good, sore throat though."
"That's normal, you'll have it for a few hours. Come on, we have some new rules to enforce on you." I pick her up and head downstairs, seeing Sam helping William, Damon and Cody bring in the groceries they bought at the pharmacy and the grocery store.