Ch. 21 -- Road Trip

All day we spent packing, well at least my brothers did, I spent all day finishing up on my homework so I wouldn't have any later on this week. It took me around six hours to do a week worth of online school work while Cody hasn't even started on today's work. I get told all the time that I'm a workaholic, more like school-aholic, just like William, and I'm damn proud of it. It was now noon time and Cody popped his head into my room to ask me to come down for lunch, "What's that your doing?" he lays his head on my shoulder while he watches me finish my last essay due next week for our English class. I knock his head off my shoulder and close my laptop, walking with him downstairs for lunch. "How have you guys been holding up with the packing?" asked William, "I'm all done brother! Clothes, school work, and even my electronics." replied Cody. "Good, good. How about you, Vi? How's your packing going?" I keep my head down and continue eating my turkey with avocado sandwich. "Viviana, do not ignore me." I look up and answer, "Yes sir, I'm sorry. I haven't touched anything yet. I finished all my school work for this week and a part of it for next week, but I haven't been able to pack yet." I quickly bite into my sandwich while stuffing some Lay's chips into my mouth as well. "Wow, I'm proud of you, Vi. Cody? Maybe now that your finished packing, you can get started with some school work. hmm?" Cody groans and replies, "....but William! I already packed my computer! Plus, I have all week to do it." William gives him a strong look and before he can comment on Cody's reply, Cody quickly says, "Ok! Yes sir.. I'm sorry. I'll get right on it." William nods his head in approval, finishing his last few bites of his sandwich.

        I had enough of all this sorting and folding, my arms ached, my bag was overfilling and its been two hours packing. I threw my shirt into my bag and stood up from my sitting position on my closet floor, kicking my bag and stomping out of my room into my brother Sam's room. "I have had enough of packing! I can't get all my clothes to fit, I haven't even started on my shoes let alone all my bathroom stuff!" Sam was zipping up his bag, it looked like he finished since he stood up and wiped his hands on his pants. I threw myself on his bed, staring at his ceiling, talking, "I don't even think my bag has a zipper! I made it disappear with all my make-up and electronics." Sam starts laughing and picks me up, holding me against his chest. "I will miss this age so much. Let me help you." I roll my eyes and 'hmm.' at him. We head back into my room and he sets me back down in my spot on the floor of my closet. Sam starts to roll my shirts and jeans and places them into rows, grabs my make-up and puts it in the pocket of the bag and then grabs all my shoes from the floor and places them on top of the rolled up clothes. "There you go, sweetie. Now all you need is your bathroom accessories and your all set." I stare at my now organized bag with my mouth open, shocked at how fast and easy that was for him. Sam kisses my forehead and helps me up, leading me to my bathroom. I grab the rest of my stuff and pack it in, then grab my backpack and pack my laptop, reading book, and some more stuff I need for the car ride. Finally, I can watch my show and relax before we get another 'road manner' lecture from William.

        It was a mistake in the first place, I couldn't handle it at all, I started to freak out. My friends were bombarding me with all of these questions and demands to see them. Jack, the school popular boy, was throwing a party tonight for passing the first week of school; that kid will throw a party for any reason. I ran downstairs, eager to go to the party and say goodbye to everyone. "William? William!" I ran into the kitchen, his office, even outside, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I pop my head into our library and yell out for him one last time, getting a reply of, "He left for some supplies, Vi. Stop yelling. What is it you need?" asked Dean. "I want to go to this good-bye party tonight at Jack's house. From eight to midnight, please? It's my only time to say bye." Dean is sitting down in the library, working on his work. "I don't think its such a good idea, Vi. We leave tomorrow morning at eight am. We need to be up and ready by six. Plus, we agreed to let them come in the morning to say goodbye." I got so upset, from all the stress of packing, school work, and leaving for months to the big city. I kicked a nearby chair and it fell over, knocking off some books in the process. Dean stood up so fast, I didn't even have enough time to process it as he takes me by my upper arm and drags me to my room where he throws me on my bed. "I do not expect you to understand, and I get it, I really do. Your moving for a few months to a place you haven't been in for years and your scared, but do not use that tone of voice with me. We are only here to help you, if I say no, the answer is NO. Now get ready for bed, we have to take your medications in ten minutes."