Chapter 4. Boyfriend at Eight

Five days later, I am much stronger. Running every morning with my twin, eating everything William prepares me, even beating Damon at his own game Guitar Hero 4. Finally, today is the day I get my phone back! "Here you go baby, your phone. You've been very good so I think you deserve it." William hands me my phone, and I yelp with joy. Hugging him and giving him a quick kiss, I leap off of Damon's lap and run to my room. Jumping on my bed I quickly call my BFF Vanessa to tell her the wonderful news! Ring, ring, ring.

V: "Vivi!! OMG!! YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE!"

me: "I KNOW!! Oh I have so much to tell you!"

V: "Oh girl me too! Chris is so talking about you! He refuses the other girls and will only talk to me about you! You have to give him an answer!"

me: "You know that I need my space. I need to think about how this will affect me, you know what happened and I don't know if this will like.. you know.. provoke my trauma? Also, I'm eight years old! Don't you think we are too young for boyfriends? I thought that was high school stuff!"

V: "Yeah, I get you, but actually there's other girls and boys dating! Steven and Samantha for example, they parade around the playground holding hands. Anyways, what's been going on?"

I told Vanessa everything that has happened the past week then we started gossiping and chatting about random girly stuff.

Fast forwarding time, Dean enters my room. "OFF!! Now."

Wow, I haven't seen Dean with that look since I snuck out of my room for a party, I don't remember doing anything bad? "Hey, Vanessa, got to go. Busted for something." I roll my eyes and hang up.

I sit up from my laying down position and Dean goes straight to the point by showing me the time on my clock. "8 o'clock. You have been on that phone for four hours Viviana!!"

"Uhmm, so? It's not like I have anything better to do around here! I'm bored Dean! Come on! No friends to hang out with, I can't leave the house alone, I can't do anything!! This is like the most boring vacation EVER!!" My response is dripping with sarcasm and attitude.

Maybe I went too far? Next thing I know, Dean has a strong grip on my upper arm and drags me downstairs to the dining room. Everyone has been patiently waiting for me to come down to dinner.

"Viviana, sit. Eat everything off that plate. Not one. Tiny. Crumb. Left. Got it?!" William's voice is so calm, like the calm weather before a bad hurricane as he emphasizes each word.

I quickly sit on the seat William is pointing at and we all start praying. After the prayer, I just couldn't eat. I kept thinking about Chris and how he won't talk to any other girl about dating until I give him an answer. I mean, I told him we were young and to hang out with whoever he wants! Live life like normal, to not wait for me and that means to also not wait for an answer from me. UGG!! I have to call him, I have to help him snap out of this, this thing he has for me! I don't think he will understand, let alone want to date a broken, lost girl like me. I push my food around my plate as I am deep in thought about this situation I have found myself in. On top of everything, my brothers would KILL ME! (not literally)

I feel a nudge to my arm and I quickly snap out of my thoughts, turning to Cody to glare at him. "Hey! Eat! William is giving you the death glare!" He whispers to me.

I turn to my food and slowly stuff it all down, every single bite. When I was done eating, the only person who was waiting for me was William. Cody and Damon were washing the dishes, and Dean dragged Sam to his room to finish their 'talk'. William stands up from his seat, grabs his plate along with mine and walks toward the kitchen to give it to Damon. 'That wasn't weird at all, nope. I really need to clear my head!' I think to myself. I walk upstairs to ask Dean for my phone back. He confiscated it before dinner, the 'No phones at the table' rule clear in mind. I hear him and Sam yelling at each other. Well, I wouldn't interrupt but I really need my phone! Chris is more important than a fight between my brothers.
I knocked on the door, but it seemed as though they didn't hear me, so I yelled, "Dean? Dean!" Finally, everything went quiet and the door flew open. "What?! Don't you see I'm a little busy!"