Ch. 30 -- Lost

I ran, faster and faster through the night, through the forest. What time is it?! Where am I? I am gasping for air, instead of running, I am now hunched over a tree, one hand on my knee while the other is clutching my chest, trying to stop my heart from beating out. How did I get here? I have no idea. I remember going to bed last night with my brothers, sleeping peacefully. Then, I am awoken by the sounds of nature, an owl, bats, crickets, maybe even a bear from way, way out? I was standing in the forest, no tents or lights anywhere near me. The growling sound gets louder, so I ran like my life depended on it. That's where I am at right now, hunched over a tree, trying to catch my breath and running from a growling sound that sounds a lot like a bear. I don't really remember anything else. I hear a loud 'CRUNCH' sound coming from the trees and see a big brown bear pop up from the bushes and slowly make his way to me, sniffing the air and growling. I quickly make myself bigger my stretching my arms up towards the sky, standing on my tipi-toes. I start to scream and wave my arms around, to make the grizzly realize that I am human and not another grizzly competing with him. He stops, sniffs the air once more and then walks away. I stand there, confused and happy that I am okay. I collapse on the forest floor and start to cry, I cry out my fear, happiness I am not hurt, sadness for being lost. 
        All the memories come back, me waking up because of another panic attack, a nightmare. I looked around the tent to see everyone asleep, and after attempting to wake up Cody a few time with no luck, I walk out the tent to get some air. Sometimes being in nature can help me forget my past and relieve my attacks. Hint: why we live in a farm with animals. I tried to get into the water, but after I realized that the water was freezing cold I decided to take the path that William had taken that night when he was angry with me. It was dark, midnight from when I last had checked and that's when I hit a fork in the road. What I didn't know is that the road I had decided to take had a big sign in the front that said 'DO NOT ENTER, DANGER'. In my defense, IT WAS DARK!! Hours and hours of walking, not really sure if it had been hours since I forgot my phone and watch in the tent, I heard the bear's growl. So, sitting here in the forest floor with bugs crawling up my leg, I jump, shake my whole body free of bugs and decide to sleep in the branches of the large pine tree. It is not my first time sleeping in a tree and maybe one of my brothers will wake up and notice me gone. 

~~~~~~~Dean's POV~~~~~~~~

         After three weeks of sleeping with Viviana, I had gotten used to waking up in the middle of the night to her screams and crying. Tonight, I woke up without her help. I turned in my sleeping bag to see if she was even awake and noticed that her sleeping bag is empty. It looked as if she had crawled out because the tent zipper was open. Typical Vi, leaving the tent open. I get up, slip on my shoes and make my way outside. I scanded the area with my eyes to see if I can spot her anywhere but with no luck I decided to walk around the whole campsite, even down in the docks but I still don't see her. Now I am getting more worried as I make my way to the tent to wake up Sam and William. 
"William, Sam, psst!! Wake up! Viviana is gone!!" I whisper/yell
They both groan and slowly wake up. Sam waves me away and whispers, "She's probably in the bathroom Dean."
"I already checked there and the whole campsite!! She's not here!!"
        That sure got their attention, they both spring up from their sleeping bags, grab their shoes and run out the tent, walking/putting on their shoes. William grabs three flashlights and Vi's cell phone he had taken from her sleeping bag as well as her emergency kit for when we find her. We split up and run all three pathways seperatly, making sure to have our cell phones for if one of us finds her. I am running up the pathway that William had taken when he got upset with Viviana last night. I scream her name, running and clutching the flash light with all my might. 

~~~~~Viviana's POV~~~~~~

        I had fallen asleep on a branch, a high one at that. I know that it might be dangerous, but I was scared another bear would find me and climb up and eat me. Okay, maybe not really eat me but you never know. I slowly wake up and switch my positions from laying down on the branch to sitting down on the branch. I look up at the stars and the bright moon shinning in the dark black/blue sky and start to cry for what feels like the hundredth time tonight. 
"Mommy, Daddy... where are you? I thought that William said you would always be looking out for me? I need you now! Here!..." silence is my response to my cries. I get frustrated and kick the branch hard. "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN TO ME??!! I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR DAUGHTER!! I just want to be in my brother's arms, they hugging me and telling me that I will be okay. I have been lost  all night daddy, the sun is coming up soon mommy. I'm cold and hungry and scared. Help me, please." I sob and sob into my hands, my breathing getting worse and worse. Soon I start to feel like I am about to pass out, so I grab onto the branch with all my strength and start to make my way down the tree. My foot slips on the bark and I end up falling out the tree. I hit the ground so fast I didn't even realize I had fallen until I feel the pain, sharp needles all over my body. I cry in pain, I scream in fear, hoping somebody, anybody would hear me. 
"VIVANA?!!! VIVIANA?! WHERE ARE YOU SWEETIE?!" 
Is that daddy? Did he come to help me? But I can't be dead! What about my brothers? They need me!
"VIVANA BABY, SCREAM AGAIN FOR ME PLEASE!!"
I scream as loud as I can and after three times of screaming with all my might, I see somebody running towards me. I feel Dean's arms around me, picking me up, speaking. Then I pass out.