Chapter 6. The Airport

Waking up is the hardest thing to do in the whole day, especially at four in the morning. My brothers came in one at a time during the past hour to try to get me to wake up, but barely getting any sleep because of my amnesia, I refused to stir from my brother's comfy mattress. I guess they gave up, because next thing I know, I am being picked up, wrapped in a blanket and carried outside. It's below freezing here in California at 5 in the morning, so my brother has the blanket wrapped around my head as well so I won't get sick. I hear soft voices around me, the car door opening and slamming shut, bags being hustled and thrown around as I am being carried from the house to the car. Even with the blanket securely wrapped around me like a cocoon, I can feel the cold air piercing through the thin fabric and I let out an involuntary shiver. I groan and try to peel my sleep-deprived eyes open but to no extent as I feel the body that is carrying me move me around as he gets into the heated car. The start of the engine and the soft voices of my family act as a lullaby as I quickly fall back to sleep. What feels like hours later but was in reality forty-five minutes, I can feel myself being lifted from the car and carried in my cocoon nest. The atmosphere of the airport slowly becomes my alarm clock, urging me to wake up and join its busy, stressful air-life. I slowly peel my eyes open to see that we have now entered the airport and Damon has me wrapped in a blanket in his arms, standing towards the back of the blue retractable pillars while my four other brothers are closer to the front of the line, waiting to check in our luggage.
"Hmmmm" I moaned and immediately got Damon's attention.
"Sweetie, morning baby. You're finally awake. Are you hungry?"
"Y-y..cough..cough" Talking seems impossible right now, so giving up, I resort to nodding my head. My throat feels dry and scratchy as I swallow a bit of saliva.
Damon gives me a small piece of the egg sandwich he was eating, still carrying me in his arms.
"Where's everybody?" I asked after I ate my slice of sandwich and had a couple sips of water.
My throat hurt so bad just saying those two little words, I coughed again as I took more sips of water from the bottle Damon was holding.
"Getting our tickets baby. See? Here they come now."
Our brothers surround us and William starts to organize the boarding passes with the passports in a bag.
"The baby's finally awake!" Dean jokingly laughs as he sees me sipping water in Damon's arms. I roll my eyes at him and lay my head on Damon's shoulder, slowly sipping water from the bottle in tiny sips. Dean raises an eyebrow at my behavior and notices that I am still in my pajamas.
"I think we should get somebody changed before we head to security. What do you guys think?"
Everyone mumbles yes and sure at Dean's rhetorical question and we head off to the nearest restroom closest to the security entrance. Damon enters a family restroom for one with my carry-on bag and locks the door as our brothers patiently wait on the seats right outside. I am set on the floor and start to take off my blanket and pajamas as Damon hands me a clean pair of clothes that I change into. I put on some cream and deodorant, a bit of perfume and then quickly brush my teeth with my travel toothbrush. After I rinsed my mouth and Damon combed my hair at the same time, I felt clean and ready to go! We exit the bathroom and Dean picks me up not two seconds of me exiting the door! I feel a little frustrated to be treated like a child, but not wanting to cause a scene I just huff out loud and cross my arms over my chest, an angry facial expression as we head through the security line with our bags.
We are walking through the security line at a very slow pace, a lot of people are at the airport today and security looks chaotic! I squirm in Dean's arms until he gently places me on the floor once we are at the converter belt and I start taking off my shoes and belt. I place my belongings in a bin and wait for the TSA guy to let me through the metal detector. Cody is behind me and as we both pass one-by-one, he takes my hand and we walk up to my other brothers to grab our stuff and continue on our way to the gate. It was a short walk but I seem to have lost the exhaustion that was taking hold of me earlier. I feel very hyper right now and I can't seem to settle down.
An idea popped into my head and I turned to William who was behind Cody and me, "William, can I run off ahead of you guys and run back real quick? You guys are taking forever!"
As a response, William shoots me a look that makes me turn back around quickly. His famous 'knock-it-off' look just needs one more push until you find yourself face down on his lap. Cody gives me a tiny eye roll and decides to take me to the restroom, which William agrees to, even though I just went! Cody is my twin and he does know exactly what I need even though sometimes I don't think I do, so I agree and we run off to that general area. The others continue walking a short distance further before entering our gate area. I noticed Cody had actually taken me to a store near the restrooms to wander around. I look at him and he responds with a silent shoulder shrug. It was huge with clothes, crystals and gifts. I didn't realize how long we were there until I saw Dean's 'pissed-off' face in front of me.
"AHHH!" I bend down to rest my chest on my thighs and clutch my chest, "Jeez could have warned me!"
Dean grabs my arm and Cody's as well and drags us towards the gate where I see everyone boarding the plane. Sam picks up a struggling Cody in his arms and Dean picks me up, both of us feeling like baby's since they are carrying us on their hips in a tight grip. I was smart enough to stay quiet but Cody, well lets just say he doesn't like being treated like this. "SAM! Put me down! I ain't no 5 year old."
Sam slams his hand down on Cody's bottom and with a small yelp for him Sam whispers, "I'll treat you like a child since you clearly acted like one. Running off for half an hour with Vi and lying to us? Now be a good boy and stop squirming unless you want your spanking on that plane!"
Cody's face turned bright red while I laid my head down on Dean's shoulder, relaxing because I knew with this long line in the terminal it was going to be a while.

"I'm sorry, Dean. I was just bored and wanted to run." Dean doesn't say anything to me as he starts to rub my back and rock me back and forth on his heels.
He hands the gate agent our boarding passes and we slowly make our way down the long jetway, only stopping when we reach the line of passengers waiting to board the plane and take their seats. I doze off to Dean's gently rocking and rubbing on my back, his soft voice shushing me to sleep.

I wake up when Dean sets me in my seat and he sits down next to me. It's a 737 plane, meaning it has six seats in one row, three on the left and three on the right, perfect for us six. We are in first class row 1, meaning we have to put all our stuff in the overhead bin since we don't have a seat in front of us to put it below. This sucks, I sit in the middle between Dean and William, and my throat still hurts!
"William?" My voice sounds worse, more raspy and sick-like.
"Sweetie don't talk. You will get worse." William whispers to me as he places his hand over my forehead to check for a fever. He seemed satisfied with my body temperature as he nodded and called for the flight attendant.
"How may I help you, sir?'' wow she has a beautiful voice! Can I please trade? Haha nah just kidding I'm not that weird. Or maybe I am?
"Yes, my sister here seems to have a sore throat. Is there any orange juice on this flight?"

"Oh yes! Right away sir." Wow, never mind. Her voice raised an octave higher when she realized who my brother was. William is an actor, a very famous, well-known one at that. The lady comes back with the orange juice and hands it to me all the while keeping her eyes on William, almost like she's checking him out? Ewww!
"Anything else I can assist you with, sir?"

"Uhm. No thanks, I think we're fine."

"Well, if you need anything else, I will be more than happy to assist you. Please enjoy your flight and your orange juice." William nods at her and she walks away. I still cannot believe she acknowledged me! She clearly spoke that last bit towards me, but she kept her eyes glued to William. Whatever, she needs a reality check! I am literally sitting next to him. This always happens to me, I am used to it by now.