Ch. 14 - Fun before School

Sam pulled off my breathing tube and put away the machine, then he picked me up while I was still half asleep and carried me downstairs to the dining room. Everybody was already sitting down on the table and it looked as if Cody had my breakfast waiting for me in between him and Sam. I slowly eat my scramble eggs with green onions, sausages and homemade waffles while everyone was already finishing up. William clears his throat and announces, "Vi and Cody, I have received your school schedules in the mail today. I have a very important meeting with my company so I cannot accompany either of you to your schools, but Damon will. Get dressed and in an hour you both can go find your classroom and lockers." I jump up with glee and quickly grab Cody and my schedules from William and hand Cody his; we both try to memorize our schedules as quickly as we can, since each year we make it a competition, haha. I've got Miss Ewalt as my teacher and Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I have history with Damon and Math class Tuesday and Thursday at the University. Cody's schedule is identical to mine so it's easy to say that he can memorize our schedule easily, since he always wins at our competition anyways. We both wash our plates quickly and start to head upstairs to get ready until we hear laughter from downstairs and William shout, "You can invite your friends along as well." I look at Cody and we both start dialing our friend's number. (V: Vanessa, C: Chris and Me: Viviana)

V: C: hello? Vi?

Me: Hey guys! Damon is taking me and Cody to school to search for our classes! He says we can invite our friends. Are you busy?

V: Hell yeah! I'll meet you there in an hour!

C: Sure Vi! Of course I would love to compare classes with you haha

Me: perfect. Meet you both in an hour at the school. Bye

V: C: bye

"Vivi! Luke and Brian and going! Hurry up and get ready. You still have your medication to take." yells Cody. Shit, my meds! After I'm done getting all dressed up, which took me like thirty minutes by the way, I march downstairs to receive my meds from my brother. Damon is laying on the kitchen counter and texting away on his phone. "Brother?" I ask shyly. Damon nods his head, too busy to even look at me I guess. "My meds?" I question. Damon sets down his phone and grabs my pills, handing them to me. I take them all at once and walk out, not even daring to say anything else to him since he just went back on his phone. Goodness, what has this world turned out to be?! After an hour, we are at school and Cody and my friends are already waiting for us. "Viviana! Do not slam my car door!" yells Damon. I roll my eyes and continue running towards my friends. "Hey Vi! Already in trouble are we? hahahahah" mocks Vanessa. "HA. ha. ha. Very funny." I hug both of them and we quickly exchange schedules. I see that me and Vanessa and Chris all have the same teacher and obviously all three of us are in the college courses together.

The three of us are walking down the main hall searching for our lockers, Cody is somewhere with his friends god knows where while Damon is speaking with my 'psychiatrist' about my issues. Ugg, "Aw come on Vi, it's not that bad." comments Vanessa "and how would you know? you've never had a psychiatrist. My doctor recommended I had one this year for all the stress. This woman thinks she knows my kind of situation! Some stranger knows what happened to me Vanessa! It's uncomfortable." I comment. "Listen Vi, I get it, I had a psychiatrist once when my dad left my family and me behind and my mother thought it was a good idea for me to get some personal issues off my chest. It isn't that bad trust me. When I fist started going, I hated it too. Heck, I would even ignore or mimic the doctor, I realized I was completely out of line and I was for sure. After like a month, the doctor would just sit there and let me draw and build shit. I hadn't realized I was drawing my darkest fears and wreaking everything I build. Yeah, I was only six at the time, but it really helped me. Just give this woman a chance okay? She's only here to help." We had just made it to our lockers, all I did was mumble and "okay" to Chris when I guess he got frustrated with me and grabbed me by my shoulders and turned me towards him. "Hey! I'm serious Vivi!" I look him in his eyes and reply, "okay, okay. I'll try okay?" Vanessa opens her locker and hits my head! I turn and glare at her. "Hey! Stop chatting and look inside!" Cody and I open our lockers and I see that my locker had a really pretty velvety zebra striped silk on the walls, a purple rug on the bottom, small purple leopard spotted curtains in the top corner with a beautiful white chandelier hanging from the top. Vanessa's locker was pretty too, black and white themed flowers for the walls and matching curtains in the top corner, a pink rug and pink chandelier and Cody's was all dark navy blue and black rug with no chandelier or curtains; I guess they're just too girly for him. I smile and realized that Vanessa and Cody had arrived to school earlier then me to give me this surprise. "Thank you both very much for this! It's amazing!" I hug them both tightly and they just laugh, "No problem Vi. We wanted to do something special for you." replied Vanessa. I reach into my purse and take out their gifts I got them at the Grand Canyon. Chris got a pretty magnet with the view of the Grand Canyon and wild horses while Vanessa got a pretty necklace. They hugged me again, and we laughed, enjoying the rest of the morning.