Duncan's Return

^^^Chapter 78^^^

UNKNOWN P.O.V.

"Hey," she said, walking into the room.

"What are you doing here Barb?" I ask her.

"Gosh, can't I just see my favourite guy every once in a while?" she asks, pouting.

"Yea, I'm sorry Barbie." I say, kissing her plump lips. "I've just been really stressed."

"I can tell," she says, tracing my muscles with her long, perfectly manicured fingers. "Your condition makes that sort of obvious."

"Yea." I say, focusing on the door knob.

"I heard your little pet got hurt in that accident." Barbara says "True?"

"Yea. She isn't my pet." I say, defending Lyndsey.

"Why is everyone so infatuated with her anyway?" she asks, playing with her long hair.

"I don't know." I say, wanting to change the subject "Kiss me." She does, of course and we end up falling asleep together. I wake up the same way I do most times after she comes over. Alone.

LYNDSEY'S P.O.V.

"Baby, I told you. I just needed to sort some things out and get used to the idea of a kid." Duncan says for the third time.

"For five days though?" I ask "I don't believe you."

"Have those guys been feeding you BS again? I swear-" I cut him off.

"You swear what? They're my friends Duncan." I say to him "And nothing that they've said has made me feel this way. My thoughts are 100% Lyndsey McCade."

"I don't believe that for a second." he says yells.

"Are you and I getting married?" I ask him.

"What?" he asks, shocked.

"Are we going to get married?" I ask again.

"Of course we are sweetheart." he says, instantly getting quiet again.

"Then quit treating me like a little kid." I say, pouting and starting a trick that I mastered a year or so after my dad ditched.

"Are you crying? Baby, did I make you cry?" Duncan asks kindly. Yep. That's it, I taught myself how to fake cry. It's extremely helpful, especially when trying to get your own way. I nod and he holds my face in his hands.

"You always do that." I say through fake tears "You make me feel so stupid and childish."

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry. I don't mean to, I just got so worked up a out nothing." Duncan says, I nod "I love you. Do you forgive me?" I shrug.

"I don't know." I say weakly. He peppers my neck and face with small kisses. It tickles and I start to giggle.

"I know you want to." he jokes "Tell me you love me too." I laugh some more as he keeps kissing me.

"Ok, I forgive you." I say, laughing.

"And?" Duncan prompts.

"I love you." I say, smiling.

"That's my girl. Ready to get out of here?" he asks.

"Yea, I already signed the papers. I just want to say hi to Niall first." I say.

"Why?" Duncan scoffs.

"He's my friend." I say. Duncan agrees and takes me to see Niall, never leaving us alone, even for a second. After we leave there, Duncan brings the car around to the entrance and helps me get in. Then, we drive to mum's house and pick up the kids on our way home. When we get home, I'm exhausted. I still play with the kids though, since I haven't seen them in a few days.

"Where are you going?" I ask Duncan as he stands up from the couch. Aiden, Annie, and I are on the floor playing Go Fish.

"Um, I'm gonna get in bed. I've got a lot of work stuff going on." he says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Duncan, we haven't even had dinner yet. It's only 4 in the afternoon." I argue.

"Lyndsey." he says firmly "I'm fine. I'm just tired." I slump back and return my attention to Aiden and Annie.

"Aiden, do you have a 7?" I ask, smiling.

"Go fish!" he cheers, grinning widely.

"Lyn. Baby, look-" I stop him.

"Don't worry about it." I say "Just go." I turn back to the game where Anastasia takes my 3 and Aiden has to 'go fish'. When I look back over my shoulder, Duncan is gone. We play for 30 more minutes before we pack up the game and I take the twins into their rooms for a nap.

"Love you mummy." Annie says as I tuck her in.

"You too sweetie." I say, kissing her soft cheek and exiting the room. I do the same procedure with Aiden, then I go into my room.

"What are you doing in here?" Duncan asks, slamming the laptop lid shut at the sight of me.

"I could ask you the same thing, I thought you were exhausted." I say, folding my arms.

"I had to check something." he says.

"Check something my arse." I say sarcastically. I pull my phone out of my pocket and sit down on the bed. "What were you doing in here anyway? Watching naughty videos? Instant messaging your other girlfriend? Don't stop because of me, I'd hate to ruin your fun."

"What? No." he says nervously. I roll my eyes and text Ashton.

To: Ashton

Hey, I miss you. I just got out of the hospital. Can we meet up tomorrow? <Lyndsey>

He quickly replies.

From: Ashton

Yea, I can take you out for lunch. I'll pick you up around 11:30. I gtg now. Band practice. ~Ash

I look over and see Duncan staring at me. I text Harry next.

To: THE HARRY STYLES

I've been thinking about what happened when you visited me. We should meet up. Are you free tonight? Dinner's on me. [Lyndsey]

He, like Ashton, texts me back within the minute.

From: THE HARRY STYLES

Sure love. I'll pick you up around 6. -Harry

p.s. Wear someone fancy :)

I smile at the text and get up from the bed.

😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

Author's Note

PET

FAKE TEARS

ARGUMENTS

TEXTS

xoxo