Can't Stay

"""Chapter 32"""

NIALL'S P.O.V.

Today is the last day I can stay. We leave tonight around 9. Our last stop in America is Washington D.C. Then, we go to South America. I stand up from my seat in the waiting room and walk to the desk.

"Please, you have to let me see her." I plea.

"Name?" the lady asks. Her name is Madge.

"Lyndsey McCade. I'm her boyfriend." I say.

"Sir, she's in critical condition, you most likely won-"

"I'm leaving tonight, I have to go to the capital, then I'm on my way to South America. I won't be able to see her for months. Please just let me see her." I beg. "I can't leave without seeing her. She means the world to me." Madge sighs and picks up the receptionist phone. She talks for a while.

"They'll get you in a second, look they're already here." Madge says.

"Thank you so much." I say, running over to the doctors that will take me to Lyndsey. I have to put on scrubs, then we are right outside of her room.

"She looks bad, but she's alive," the doctor says. "You may be asked to leave at any time." I nod and they let me in. I walk over to her. She looks sick her usually Carmel skin looks a little green. I roll a chair over and sit next to her. Her foot is swollen. It's huge and she has tubes all over her body. I hear the faint beep of a machine tracking her heartbeat. I grab her hand. 3 tubes go inside of her left hand.

"Hey babe." I whisper. "I've missed you." I kiss her hand, it's soft, as usual. "I love you. Please wake up, we are leaving America in less than a week. I need you to wake up." I sit and listen to the monitor with her slow heartbeat on it. "Things look bad, but they'll get better. After we are done with tour, we could get a flat together. I wouldn't mind seeing your face every morning." Her chest rises and falls softly. She's on life support, the only thing keeping her from going out cold. It's expensive though. She's lucky her mum is rich. Her father also has to pay for 75% of her treatment since he caused the problem. She didn't want this. She doesn't deserve all this crap. I start crying, it's not something I usually do. I put my head next to her stomach and cry into the stiff hospital bed. "Wake up baby." I sob. "I love you, I can't live without you." Then, a nurse comes in and I wipe my face.

"Just checking on her." he explains.

"Is she going to be ok?" I ask.

"You never know in these situations." he says, avoiding the question.

"What's her survival chance?" I ask.

"35 out of 100." he says quietly.

"No," I whisper.

"She had an attack, fainted, broke her ankle, and lost a lot of blood at the same time. I don't think they expected her to hang on this long. She's been doing better though, when she came in here, she only had a 20% chance of living." the nurse plays with his hands nervously.

"So she could get better." I ask to clarify. He nods.

"Are you her boyfriend?" he asks me.

"Yea," I say.

"Lucky girl. I hear you haven't left the hospital since she got in here." he says.

"Well, I would feel sick if I left without at least seeing her. I'm on my way to D.C. tonight, then I've got to go to South America." I explain.

"Well, good luck. She's doing well. I'll be going now." the nurse says. I nod and he leaves the room.

"Princess, come back to me." I plea. "I need you. I don't want to leave until you're awake. Management says I have to leave though, they told the security guards to drag me out if needed." I admit. I stand up and take her hand. I kiss her palm and lay it down on her stomach, then I bend down and kiss her forehead. I spend the rest of the day with Lyndsey. She has no complications. Soon, management shows up and says I have to go. I see the nurse from earlier. "Are you her nurse?" I ask.

"Yes." he says.

"Give her this when she wakes up." I say, handing him the ring box and a letter I wrote to her.

"Sure buddy." he says.

"Thanks mate." I say and we shake hands. I walk out to the waiting room after getting out of my scrubs. Paul is seated. He stands up when he sees me.

"Niall." he says, extending his arms out to me, like a father wanting to comfort his son. I hug him and cry a little.

"She's ok." I say.

"Good, I know this is hard for you. It's difficult for all of us." Paul says. I nod. We get into the limo and go to the hotel where the tour bus is. We all get on and I lay down in my bed. None of the boys said. A word to me, I didn't want them to. I needed to be alone, or with her. I ended up falling asleep as we took the long, 14 hour drive to D.C. For a while, all I did was go through the motions. I sang, took pictures with fans, signed autographs, and went to interviews. Then, everything changed. With just one phone call.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Author's Note

Hey, what changed?

What phone call?

Lyndsey?

LYNDSEY, LET ME BE THE ONE TO LIGHT A FIRE INSIDE THOSE EYES. YOU KNOW ME, YOU REALLY KNOW ME, BUT I CAN FEEL YOU DYING.

Yea, that's my parody.

It's a little sick.

xoxo.