Chapter 16

Alex's POV

I knew this was going to be a good movie. I was like the best movie this year. Well in the kid genre anyway. Even Nate liked. Which was surprising.

Anyways, we are now in the ice cream shop. We decided after the movie that we were craving ice cream. So, here we are sitting in a booth eating our ice cream. I got cookie dough. Kayla got chocolate fudge brownie. And Nate got plain strawberry. I know right. What a buzz kill.

"So, Nate. It looked like you really liked the movie." Kayla said with a smirk.

"Yeah? And what do you mean by that?" he gave her a confused look.

"Well, I'm mean you did cry at the end." this time I said catching on to what Kayla was doing.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he replied stubbornly with a slight blush to his cheeks. I almost awed but I didn't want to ruin it.

"Don't lie to us. We saw and heard you." Kayla said with a smirk.

"Shut up!" Nate said ducking his head to hide his blush.

"Aww. Are you blushing?" I asked. We and Kayla almost laughed. It was so much fun to mess with him. Because he would act all badass at school. But around us he was like a total teddy bear.

"Shut up!" he said burying his head further into his arms.

Kayla and looked at each other and burst out laughing and high-fived each other. Once Nate heard us laugh he glared at us. Which only made us laugh harder.

It's funny because if you were to look at our group when we are not together (which is like almost never), you would think that we were total strangers. But in reality we are the best of friends.

"Ooh. Dude. Look! I found candy!!"

"Please tell me that wasn't in the ground."

"God! of course. Not."

"Oh. Ok. Where did you find it then?"

"In my pocket."

"Yeah like that's much better."

"Hey! I heard that!!"

"You were meant to!"

"Whatever." I say as I pop the candy into my mouth.

"Eww. This is gross!!!" I say while making a disgusted face. Taking it out of my mouth.

"You want it?"

"Sure why not."

"EWW!! You guys are so gross. She already put that in her mouth!"

"So, who can resist candy. I mean come on," Nate said, "I bet your just jealous that you didn't get it." He finished with sticking his tongue out at Kayla.

"Whatever. Anyways. LETS GO TO THE MALL!!" Kayla yells so loud that the other people in here turn and look at us.

"Buy Kayla. That's no fair."

"Yeah you take forever." Nate and I say at the same time.

Kayla just shrugs and walks out the door heading to the mall that is down the street. Nate and I look at each other and grudgingly get up and head out.

We end up having to run to catch up with Kayla. But we do eventually.

YAY. THIS SHOULD BE FUN!!!

Not.

******************************

Thanks for all the support. I appreciate it. And sorry it took me so long.

Anyways.

READ
FOLLOW
COMMENT
AND VOTE!!

Love you😘