Chapter 37

Nate's POV

I mean, I know she was in casual clothes, but she still looked absolutely beautiful. And I can't believe she said yes! Gosh I sound like a girl, oh well! Who cares?

She finally gets to the bottom of the stairs and she shyly smiled at. I, of course, smiled back.

"Alright, you ready to go?" I said after a while of just staring at her.

"Yeah, let's go. Bye Kayla! See you later!"

"Bye! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

"Well at least that leaves a lot of options open..."

"Hey! I heard that! Just go!"

"Alright, alright. I'm going."

After that weird ass conversation, we went into the car. I start to drive towards the beach where I have everything set up. I hope she likes it! Gosh I'm so nervous!

"Where are we going?" Alex asks from the passenger seat.

"Just wait and you'll find out."

"But... I want to know now."

"Just wait."

"Fine." God she's so cute.

After a while of Alex switching the radio station every five minutes! We finally make it to the beach. We get out of the car and I lead her to where I had set up the blanket with the picnic basket on top.

"Wow! It's beautiful!" She exclaims in awe.

"Are you sure? I wasn't sure if you were going to like it. I called Kayla and she said it was a good idea, but I wasn't sure if it was too plain-"

"Nate calm down. I love it. I think it's beautiful. I love the beach." She said, cutting off my rambling. I'm glad she did. I didn't want to embarrass myself even more than I already did.

"Good. Let's go sit down." I say before I embarrass myself more.

"Okay. What did you bring to eat?"

"Uh, I wasn't sure what you liked so I brought random stuff. I brought mini corn dogs, pesto pasta, French fries, hot wings, fruit, and of course dessert." I say while listing things off that I remember putting in there.

"Ooo. Sounds awesome. I'm so hungry!" We both laugh and dig in to the food.

After all the food is gone, which Alex ate most of, we decide to just lay back and watch the stars and talk. We eventually start playing twenty questions, which is awesome because I was able to learn more about her. And the more I learned the more I grew to love her. I think. I don't know if it's love yet, which sounds extremely cheesy. It got really late so I told Alex we should pack up and that I'll drive her home. We finally got to Alex's house and I walked her to the door.

"I had a really fun time tonight Nate."

"I'm glad. I did too. I was scared that you wouldn't like it, but I'm glad you did."

"Well I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Just as I was about to turn to leave, Alex leaned up and kissed my cheek.... And then ran inside her house and slammed the door.

*************************************
Hey guys! I'm so sorry it took me so long to update. I feel horrible anyways here you go!
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment your thoughts
And tell people about my book

And sorry every chapter is so short