Chapter 32

Nate's POV

It was finally the last month of school and I am determined to get Alex to be my girlfriend. It will happen.... I hope. I just don't know how I'm going to do it though. She's been really stressed out about college. I'll figure something out, eventually.

Right now, we were all headed to the beach because Stephanie had never been. I know, shocking right? Anyways, I have to listen to my brother talk about Alex. Doesn't he know that she is mine and too old for him! The only reason he's coming today is because my mom said we needed to spend more time together or some shit like that.

Luckily, I didn't have to actually witness him hitting on her. We had to take two separate cars because there was too many of us. Sadly, that just meant spending more time with my "lovely" brother. Note the sarcasm because I laid that one on pretty damn thick.

After an hour car ride we made it to the beach. Thank god. I was just excited to be able to hang out with Alex. Ben and I walked to the beach after parking and found where the girls had set up fairly quickly.

"Hey guys!" Kayla yelled.

"Hey." Ben and I replied. She "escorted" us to the towel. Or that's what she kept saying anyways.

"Hey guys!" Alex and Stephanie said once they saw us.

"Hey." I said. I waited for Ben to say it as well. Or at least a compliment. I didn't expect to see him frozen in his spot. That's weird. I nudged him and he seemed to knock out of it. And you won't believe what happened next! He blushed!! I have never seen him do that before.

"Um... Hi." he said while shyly waving.

"Have you met our "daughter", Stephanie, Ben?" Alex asked. Ben blushed even more. Oh... Now I understand!

"Um... No.." Nate said.

"Oh. Well, this is Stephanie. She is about your age. So, why don't you guys go hang out. Stephanie has never been to been to the beach before." Alex said while pushing a blushing Stephanie at a blushing Ben. We watched them awkwardly walk to the shore and start talking.

"Well that was adorable!" Kayla said while clapping.

"Haha. Yeah. I hope they get along. That would be awesome." Alex said.

"Now who wants to go swimming?!? Woohoo!!" Kayla said while stripping to her bathing suit and start to pull Alex to the water.

"Wait! Let me change. Geez!" Alex said while walking back over to the towel. She stripped to her bathing suit as well.

"You coming?" She asked as she turned to face me.

"Uhh...... Yeah. Sorry. Spaced out there for a second." I said while I tried to hide my blush. She laughed at my failed attempt and waited for me to change too. Once I did, we sprinted to the water together, to where Kayla was already waiting.

We swam around for a while. And we were all exhausted. We were about to get out when we heard a blood curdling scream from Alex. We all turned around as fast as we could. What I say was definitely the worst thing I have ever seen and it broke my heart. Alex was being pulled down into the deep ocean by a giant great white shark. All we could see was blood. We didn't know what to do. Kayla was the first one to get out of the frozen state we all seemed to be stuck in. She swam as fast as she could to shore. She was screaming and crying saying something about calling the cops. We all followed, but I knew it was no use. What could the police do to help us get Alex back. She was gone.

And we all had to except that.