Chapter 33

Damien's POV

I need to talk to Alex. I need to tell her why I did what I did. I just don't want her to hate me anymore.

Alex's POV

I was sitting in my room with Stephanie, Nate and Kayla just talking when I get a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey Alex, it's Damien. I was wondering if we could go and get some coffee somewhere and talk?

Me: Oh.... Um. Yeah. Where do you want to meet up?

I quickly changed the number in my phone and added him as a contact

Damien: I was thinking Starbucks. The one closest to your house?

Me: Yeah. That sounds good. When do you want to meet?

Damien: Um... How about in like 30 minutes?

Me: Sounds good. See you in a bit!

After I sent that text, I looked up and everyone was staring at me.

"Who was that?" Kayla said while trying to see my phone.

"It was just Damien." I said shrugging hoping to come off as nonchalant.

"Why are you texting him?" Nate said with a bit of.... jealousy? in his voice. Eh. Probably nothing.

"He just wants to talk." I said.

"Why are you guys worried about her talking to a guy named Damien?" Stephanie asked.

"We will explain it once she leaves. It's a long story," she paused and turned to me,"And you be carful!" Kayla said.

"I will. I'm going to get going now. See you in a little bit. Stay here and hang out with Stephanie." I said while getting my stuff and walking out my door as I waved to them.

"Okay. See you!" They all yelled.

Alright time to learn the "truth".

*****************10 minutes later****

I pulled up to the Starbucks and got out of my car. I walked inside and ordered a cotton candy frappuccino and went and sat down.

"Cotton Candy Frappuccino for Alex!" As I was about to get my drink, Damien walked in.

"Hey." He said as he walked up to me.

"Are you going to get something?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. I'll be right back." He said walking up to the counter. So, I walked back to the table that I was sitting at earlier. After a couple of minutes Damien walked over and sat down with his drink.

"So, you said that you wanted to talk.." I said.

"Yeah. I wanted to explain what happened two years ago." He said.

Flashback.

I was so excited. Today was me and my boyfriend Damien's one year anniversary! I was going to his house to surprise him. I got him a card and chocolate. I know it's so cliche and stupid, but I didn't know what else to get him! It's my first relationship!

So, I walk up to his door and knock. When he doesn't answer after like the tenth time, I try the door. Lucky for me it's unlocked. I walk in and go to the living room so u can drop my things off.

When I get in there, however, I see a bouquet of roses. Thinking they were for me, I go and look at the card. I am shocked and horrified when I read it however.

I know we can't be together in public and I am so sorry about that, but I do love you! More than life itself. I hope these flowers make up for my behavior. I love you Carter!
Love, Damien.

I can't believe he is cheating on me! Am I not good enough for him. So, he has to find a prettier and skinnier girl! I can't believe him. In the midst of my sobbing I don't realize that Damien has walked into the room.

"Uh Alex. What are you doing here?" He says kind of nervously. Well of course he would be nervous. That cheating son of a bitch!

"How long?" I ask through my tears.

"How long what?" He asked playing dumb.

"How long have you been seeing this Carter girl behind my back?!" I asked starting to get a little angry.

"Alex, it's not like that! Let me explain!" He pleaded.

"I ASKED HOW LONG!!" I was starting to get really pissed off.

" 8 months..." He said really quietly.

"8 FUCKING MONTHS!!" I yelled, "IM DONE. DONT TALK TO ME anymore. I'm done.." I said while walking out of the house and going straight home where I called Kayla. She came and brought me ice cream and listen to me cry and tell her what happened.

"I remember you cheating on me for almost all of our relationship." I said while taking a sip of my drink.

"And that's exactly what I wanted to clarify." He said while nervously twiddling his fingers.

"What could there possibly be to clarify?" I asked.

"Well, I'm glad you asked. You see..." He said kind of trailing off.

"What is it?" I asked kind of getting annoyed.

"Well you see, Carter is not a girl."