Chapter 36

Alex's POV

Today is the day. I am finally going to go on a date with Nate! I'm so nervous. What if I make a fool out of myself? What if it ruins our friendship? WHAT IF I MAKE A FOOL OUT OF MYSELF? I am so not ready for this date.

Somehow in the middle of my panic, I had started to pace my bedroom. I don't know how I didn't notice, but I didn't. And that's how Kayla found me- pacing my room freaking out over my date.

"What the hell are you doing?" Kayla asked bewildered.

"I'm so nervous!" I said while still pacing, well until Kayla pushed me and I landed on my face in the floor...

"Thanks for that." I said while I got up.

"Well, your pacing was annoying me and that was the way I could think of to stop you. And why the hell are you nervous? Nate likes you. And he has been your friend long enough to see your crazy and weird sides! So he knows what he is walking into. You have nothing to worry about." Kayla said.

I mean, I guess she has a point. But I'm still nervous. There are so many things that could go wrong tonight.

"Look, I can see that you're still nervous. But don't be. The date isn't till later tonight. So, we can watch movies until you have to get ready." Kayla said. And to me honest, that sounded like a really good idea.

"Okay. You go get the snacks and I'll get the movies." Kayla said as she walked over to my DVD case.

Kayla's POV

As I was looking through Alex's DVD case, my phone rang. So obviously I answered it, like any sane person would do because that's what I am.

"Hello?" I asked whoever was in the other line.

"Hey. Kayla it's me, Nate. I need to get your advice on this date." The other person, Nate, said.

"Okay. What have you decided?" I asked being genuinely curious.

"I think I want to take her on a picnic at the beach... Is that a good idea?" I could hear Nate mutter through the line.

"That sounds actually pretty romantic. How the hell did you come up with that?" I asked.

"To be completely honest, my mom. But I wanted to ask you because you know Alex the best and you know what she likes." I could hear how nervous he was. How cute. They are both a crazy bundle of nerves.

"I think she will love it. She's a sap like that. Boring really." I say as I continue to look through the movies.

"Oh good. Okay, thank you!" He just about yelled in my ear.

"No problem. See you when you come to pick her up. Which reminds me, when are you picking her up?" I asked because I realized Alex never told me and I can't ask her now. It will just bring back her nerves.

"Oh yeah! I guess I'll come by and pick her up at 7."

"Okay. Bye." I said pressing the end button.

I put my phone back in my back pocket and continued to find movies we could watch. I ended up choosing The Little Mermaid, Pitch Perfect, Shrek, and Spy. These may sound really random, but Disney movies make Alex feel better for some odd reason and Pitch Perfect and Spy are comedies and they make her laugh. I'm a good friend, I know. You don't have to tell me.

"Alright I have candy, chips and of course, CANDY!!!!!" Alex said as she ran into the room with her hands full of junk food.

"Good because I chose the movies already." I said as I put The Little Mermaid in the DVD player.

"Cool. What movies did you chose?"

"The Little Mermaid, Pitch Perfect, Shrek, and Spy with Melissa McCarthy."

"Yay! I love these movies!!" Gosh she is such a kid!

"Okay now, shit up. The movie is starting." I said pointing at her giving her my "I'm serious face".

"YAY!!" She yelled. Oh brother.

------------an hour and a half before Alex's date------------(still Kayla's POV)

After watching all four of the movies, I finally got  Alex to calm down. Now, it was time to get ready for her date!

"Alright Alex. Go take a shower and blow dry your hair. I'll put out clothes for you to wear."

"Alrighty captain!" She said while fake saluting me.

Now it was time to look for the perfect outfit. And after a little while I found it! (Outfit at top).  So, I put it all in the bathroom and started to heat up her curling iron and get her make up out.

About 15 minutes later Alex walked in dressed and with her hair dried. Time to finish her look!

"Okay. Come sit down so I can do your hair and make up."

"Okay." She said while sitting down at her vanity. I curled her hair and only put light make up on, just mascara and eye liner. Alex doesn't like a lot of make up.

And 30 minutes later she was ready and looking absolutely fabulous if I say so myself. And apparently just in time because at that moment we heard a knock on the door. Time to get this show in the road.

***********
Nate's POV

After setting everything up for tonight's date, I decided to get ready. It's a good idea right? And it didn't take too long, cuz I'm a guy and all...

So, I went to go pick up Alex. Gosh I'm so nervous.

-------15 minutes later--------

I finally made it to Alex's house and to say I was nervous would be an understatement. So, I took a deep breath and walked up to Alex's door and knocked. And a couple of minutes later Kayla opened the door.

"Oh hey Nate."

"Hey. Where's Alex?"

"She'll be out in a second" And just as she said that, Alex walked down stairs.

And my God, she was beautiful.

**********************************
Hey guys!! I am so sorry I took so long to update this chapter. I feel horrible! Anyways, I hope you guys like it and I will try to post the chapter with the actual date in it before the end of the week!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!