Chapter 77

I'm being carried by Stiles up to my room, Scott was being helped by Kira. Stiles said" next time you stay with me." I nodded, he said" you okay?" I shook my head, he said" are you healing?" I said" n-now. I-I nearly dead.. S-Stiles, I couldn't f-feel anything." He laid me on my bed, he said" stay and heal, no moving. You have the same mind as Scott, so no moving." I nodded, he said" no moving, Peyton." I nodded, he left my room, closing the door. After a few minutes, I heard something clatter on the ground. I said" Stiles..!" He said" that was nothing. No moving." I sighed.

I woke up, and felt my stomach, it was partially healed, thanks for werewolf healing. I got up and instantly got dressed into something else. I walked to Scott's room and peaked in, he looked at the door, I walked in. He nodded downstairs, I nodded, we walked downstairs, I heard Stiles say" my dad's got an APB out." Kira said" for a 5'8" 16 year old?" Stiles said" I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf." Only Stiles would say something like that, Liam said" it still might not be him. But Hayden's at the school looking." Yeah, I know how you feel Liam, I wish it wasn't him either but we know the truth, it'll hurt worse the more we deny it. Malia said" I can keep checking the woods." Scott said" our mom can check all the hospitals in the county. We can find him." Liam said" what happens then?" I said" we figure out a way to save him." Lydia said" okay. Where else could we look?" Scott said" let's ask Corey." Good, it wasn't only me that could sense him, Scott pulled Corey out of hiding, Corey said" wait. Wait. It's not my fault. They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him..." Scott said" who?" I already know who, and oh no! Corey said" the dread doctors."

Stiles was staring at my stomach, I said" what?" He touched my stomach, I doubled over, growling at him. He said" why didn't that heal?" I shrugged, he looked at me, I said" I don't know." Then I heard Scott coming back from upstairs, the rest of the pack had parted ways. I stood up, and zipped up my hoodie.

We were walking to talk to Theo, Scott, Liam and I. Liam said" how stupid are we for this?" Scott said" we're not stupid. We're desperate." Liam and I said" how desperate?" Scott said" incredibly desperate." I hated this, I really hated Theo and Tracy. Scott opened the door, and we saw the two, we went in. Theo said" I told you we'd end up on the same side." Liam said" how about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?" Theo chuckled, saying" I love this kid." Tracy said" I don't." Scott said" we know you're not on our side, Theo. You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, didn't you?" Theo said" you mean the mask? Are you worried about that?" Scott said" did you put it on? Who did you see?" Theo said" not Mason." Liam said" what's that mean? It's not him?" Tracy said" it probably means he's a lost cause." I glared at her, Theo said" we all want the same thing. We want Mason back." Scott said" okay, but the difference is that we want him back alive." Theo stepped closer to Scott, I grabbed Scott's hand, Theo said" well, I'm open to compromise. You still got the map with telluric currents on it? Bring it to the operating theatre in two hours." We walked out of there, Liam said" how desperate are we?" Scott said" incredibly." We walked away from the boys' locker room, I surely don't like this!

We were in the operating theatre, Theo said" they called him Der Soldat. That's German for 'The Soldier' I'm pretty sure he fought in World War ll." Scott said" and he was a Nazi." Theo said" and an alpha werewolf. The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives. They've been doing it for decades. Actually, probably longer." Liam said" How old are these guys?" Theo said" who knows. But wherever they go, he goes, too." I said" so how do we find him?" Theo said" keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions. There's got to be a power source and it has to be underground..." Scott said" and on a telluric current." He pulled out the map and handed it over to Theo, Theo said" Looks like we're going for a hike."

We were in the woods, in Beacon Hills preserve, at night. Scott said" where is he?" Theo said" I thought we were looking for him. You know who I'm talking about." Theo said" Deucalion?" Scott said" you shouldn't trust him." Theo said" and you're the one who let him live." Scott said" I'm not a murderer." Theo said" you still think you're gonna get through all this without killing anyone?" Scott said" I didn't say that." Liam and I stopped, the scent, Liam said" we're close." Scott said" you get his scent?" Liam and I nodded, Theo said" which way?" I'm not letting Theo anywhere near Mason, Liam looked at Scott, Theo looked at Scott, then Theo said" you think you're going to leave me behind?" Scott said" Liam, Peyton..." Liam said" look, he wants to kill him." Theo said" I just want his power. You want to fight someone that actually wants to kill Mason? Go fight Parrish." I said" who did you see when you put on the mask?" Theo said" I already told you. It wasn't Mason." Liam said" who was it?" Theo said" I saw a man dying in the snow. He was impaled on a spear." La Beté, Scott said" it's called a pike. Lydia told us the story." Theo said" then you three know what it means. Time's running out. Where is he, Liam? What direction, Peyton?" We both looked at Scott, Liam said" this way." And walked ahead, Scott followed, I glowed my eyes saying" hurt Mason. I hurt you." I walked to Scott, to grab his hand.
We got to a shed, and Liam went to open the door, but Scott stopped him, saying" listen." We listened, we heard Mason's heartbeat, Liam said" it's him." He ran in, Scott looked at me, and walked in with me right behind him then Theo behind me. Liam whispered" Mason?" We found Mason, I instantly crouched down next to him, rubbing his arm, Liam crouched next to me, Scott said" it's connected to him." Liam said" what is this thing?" Theo said" I don't know." Mason said" Liam, I can feel it. It's in my skull." I said" don't move." Scott said" careful." Liam said" what are they doing to him?" Theo said" I don't know." Scott and I said" guys, let's focus." Scott said" Mason, we're gonna get you out of here. Hold him still." Liam grabbed Mason, I let out an unsteady breathe and held mason's arm, Scott said" okay, alright, I'm going to try and pull it out. Let me know if it hurts." Scott grabbed it, Mason screamed then said" it hurts! It definitely hurts." Scott said" I barely moved it." Then we heard clicking, oh god! Then we saw one of the Dread Doctors, Scott stood up, Theo said" they wanted us here." Scott said" Liam, Pey, try to get that thing out of Mason's neck." Mason grabbed Liam's arm, he said" Liam, get out of here. Just go." I looked at Mason then to Liam, I couldn't listen to anything that was happening, Liam grabbed the thing again and Mason screamed, Liam said" Scott. Scott, I... I can't get it out. I don't know what to do." Scott rushed to our side, Scott said" not something." Liam said" someone." Then Theo attacked one of them, Liam jumped up and started punching at another, Scott said" Liam, wait!" I jumped up to help Liam, Scott took the other one. And soon we were thrown at some barrels with Scott. Then Mason pulled the thingy out of his skull and stood up, Scott pushed me behind him. Then Mason started transforming, no, no. Liam said" Mason!" Then whoever said" that is not my name."
The beast started killing the Dread Doctors. Then he grabs the last Doctor and dragged him outside. We follow, then Parrish attacked him, then Argent and Gerard. And then I grabbed my stomach in pain, Scott looked at me, then after that, Scott and Liam ran to Argent and Gerard, Scott said" what the hell was that?" Gerard said" you've seen the beast of Gevaudan. That was the man." Argent said" Sebastian Valet." I walked over to Scott.