Chapter 52

I'm in my room, Scott and Stiles are in his room. I hear someone coming up the stairs.
We are standing waiting for the PSATS to start. Kira said" where's Lydia?" Stiles said" she's took it in her freshman year." Malia said" does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Scott said" Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us." Malia said" doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." Stiles said" well..." Malia said" well what?" Stiles said" its do well, not good." Malia said" oh god!" stiles said" okay, okay." Scott said" you're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. if I survive high school, Id like to go to college. a good college." Kira said" its only three hours. we can survive three hours." I said" do I have to?" Scott said" yeah." I said" I'm freshman, I didn't even study. I'm freshman!" Scott said" I love you. I'll clean your room for 2 months, Stiles will take drive you wherever for a week?" Stiles looked at him. I said" I'm freshman! I didn't study! You woke me up by pouring cold water on my head!" Kira said" really?" I said" yep." Scott said" uh.. Stiles help?" Stiles said" your staying, Peyton." I said" love you, Stiles." he nodded. it's official I'm make Scott do all my chores. for the next 3 months.
We were sitting getting ready for the test. The creepy looking teacher said" you may now open your test booklets and begin." We all started. About 10 minutes or so into the test, a girl fell out of her chair. Ms. Martin said" Sydney!" She went over to her, she said" are you all right?" Sydney said" I'm okay. I just got kind of dizzy." ms. martin said" Sydney, how long have you had this?" Sydney said" I don't know." the teacher guy said" ms. martin do I need to stop the test?" Ms. Martin said" no, um, it's fine. Everybody stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute. nobody leaves the room." then she walked out. I looked at Scott, he was looking at Sydney. We heard Ms. Martin screaming, everyone was running out to see. once we looked out, she said" back to your seats. now." we all went back in.
She called the CDC. they came in, setting everything up. I'm in class room with Stiles, Kira and Malia. Scott is somewhere. Stiles said" bet they're thinking smallpox." the creepy teacher said" not likely. smallpox was eradicated worldwide in 1979. we've only managed to completely eradicate two viruses in history. the other was rinderpest. it killed cows." Stiles said" so we should be comforted by that, right?" The guy said" unless it's something worse." Malia said" whatever it is, they're taking it pretty seriously. they're a lot of cars and trucks out there. your dads with them." Stiles went to get his phone. My head started hurting so I went to the locker room, I found Scott. he just growled, I noticed knocking on the door, thank god I came through coach's office. I looked at him, he looked at me. I noticed my eyes are yellow and they aren't turning back. We heard Kira's dad come on, Scott and I were leaning against a locker. Scott's fangs were out, but they were different. My eyes wouldn't go back to normal and my head was killing me like the full moon. Scott said" get Stiles."
We are all in the Locker room, Mr. yukimora said" it's still happening." Malia's claws wouldn't go back, she said" I can't make them go back." I said" my eyes won't go back." Kira's dad said" obviously the virus is affecting the three of you in a way it won't hit any human being." stiles said" you guys have to stay out of sight. we have to quarantine you from the quarantine." Kira said" yeah, but where? I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon." Scott said" we shouldn't stay in here. not in the locker room." Malia said" a classroom is not going to hold us." Kira said" what about the basement?" Scott said" too many ways out. we need something secure. somewhere nobody can find us." Stiles said" the vault. the Hale vault." Scott said" the Hales always have an escape route. like their house. there has to be another way in." They got a blue print of the school, Stiles said" this is where the school sign is, so the vault's got to be right about here." Kira's dad said" I suppose if there's got to be a second entrance it would probably be accessible from the basement." Stiles said" it's probably somewhere in this hallway. west corridor." then he fell, Kira's dad grabbed him. Stiles said" whoa." Kira's dad said" it's happening to you too. you're getting sick. you all are." then he looked at Kira, she said" I don't feel sick." I couldn't pay attention, my head hurting too much, my eyes not going back to normal. then I felt someone pull on my hand. It was Scott, he looked at me worried. We went to the basement, Scott, Stiles, Kira, Malia and I. We started looking at the walls trying to find the entrance to the vault. till Stiles said" hey guys... over here." Scott and him moved the shelf and Stiles said" look at the cracks in the wall. it's like the entrance outside, it only opens with claws. anyone's claws, right?" Scott said" um... Malia, can you try?" She said" why me?" Scott said" we don't have control." then Scott showed his hand then lifted up mine. Malia said" okay, I'll do it. but first tell me what you've been hiding from me. I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it. I know I'm on the list." Stiles said" yes." Malia said" so how much?" Stiles said" how much what?" She said" how much am I worth?" Scott said" four million." stiles said" are you okay?" Malia said" yeah. Scott's worth 25, Kira, 6. they'll take you guys out way before me." wait she didn't say me though, wait how much am I worth. Stiles said" its progress. it's progress." then she opened it. We all looked inside.
Kira was pacing back and forth, Scott was sitting on a box, stiles was holding Malia, malia was asleep. I was at Scott's legs, my head leaned against his knee. Stiles said" you know, this is where it all started. that's where the money was. 117 million in bearer bonds." Kira said" how do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" Stiles said" the bank, I guess. they just let it sit here the whole time collecting dust. you know bearer bonds are basically extinct?" Kira said" why does it matter?" Stiles said" you know how many money problems that money could solve?" Kira said" for you?" Stiles said" me. my dad... the eichen house and MRI bills are crushing him." Scott said" mom does this thing, she writes down all the items in our budget, and how much they cost, then she adds them all up and figures out how long we have until... we lose the house." I drifted off to sleep. I woke up to being moved, I sat up.
Stiles was going out there.
I felt Scott get up, once I opened my eyes, I saw him standing then I saw nothing. I heard Malia say" I can't see. I can't see anything." Kira said" Scott, I can't.. I can't see." everyone was trying to move. I think Scott was standing up, but I don't know. I've always gotten quiet when I'm scared.
I heard Stiles, but I couldn't hear what he was saying. I heard Kira say something then I heard Scott moving. Then glass shattering. Then I could see again. Scott helped Kira up then me. Malia walked out, she found out.