Chapter 81

Scott, Lydia and I were searching up Stile, Scott said" Stile, an arrangement of steps that allows people, but not animals, to climb over a fence."
Lydia said" Yeah, somehow I don't think these are the stiles we're looking for."
" Maybe Malia's found something."
I said" No, she's been taking a make-up test all morning." We heard a howl, a coyote howl," I guess the test isn't going well." We got up and ran out of the library, we ran to where Malia was, luckily she didn't leave the school.

We found her in the basement, hidden in the corner, Scott said" Malia. It's okay. You're safe. I'm not gonna hurt you." Malia snarled," I think she's calming down."
Sheriff said" Maybe you should growl back?" Malia's growls intensified, that wasn't good," Scott, you're the alpha. Can't you just make her a little more docile?"
Lydia said" She's not the problem. We are. This is her territory. Maybe we need to get out of here."
Scott said" Yeah, yeah, come on, let's go." We walked away from her, going to the other side,
" Malia came here to get through the full moons. Then we started using the lake house."
Ms. Martin said" I thought you said a wild animal got in the lake house."
" Just be happy about all the things I don't tell you."
Malia shifted back,
she said" It's alright. I'm okay."
Ms. Martin walked to her and gave her clothes,
Sheriff said" Any idea what made her shift?"
Scott said" She's under a lot of pressure. School, her life after graduation."
Lydia said" Her mom trying to kill her."
" That shouldn't make her shift. Could it be connected to Stiles?"
" Hard to tell since we don't know what a Stiles is."
Sheriff said" Its a he."
I said" Who?"
" Stiles. It's a family nickname. I never used it but, uh, my father did."
Scott went with Lydia to talk with Sheriff about the name Stiles, while I was stuck with Malia.

I met Scott in the parking lot,
He said" He said no, but we're gonna go anyways, we need to know. You're gonna stay here and help Liam with Gwen, since she's probably next on the Ghost Riders."
I said" I hate you."
" Just watch out for him, okay? I'll call you when we get back, and... what can I do to make you do this?"
" I'll do for nothing, because you're my brother, and I love you too damn much."
" Thank you, Pey."
" I hate you."
" I know."
Once Scott and I found Malia at school, Malia opened her locker as she said" Stilinski said no, didn't he?"
Scott said" Yeah."
" But we're going anyway?"
" Yep."
Liam was next to her, he said" Or you could stay here and help me convince Gwen she's in danger."
" It's not your job to convince her. It's your job to keep her safe."
Malia said" Just kidnap her."
" Do not kidnap her. We'll be back tonight after we talk to Stilinski's dad."
" Do we really have to do this?"
" He's our only lead."
Liam said" Okay. What if the Ghost Riders show up?"
" Then you'll handle it, Liam. And look, you're not alone. You've got Mason and Corey and Hayden. Okay? Peyton is also staying here to help. Just find a safe place for Gwen and keep her there."
" Any suggestions?"
" It doesn't matter as long as she's safe." Scott walked out the door, Malia stopped,
Malia whispered" Kidnap her."
Scott said" Do not kidnap her." I followed them out, not wanting to be anywhere near Liam at the time being. Scott glanced at me," Don't let him kidnap her."
I said" I hate you, I hate you, I hate you and your stupid puppy eyes."
Malia said" Why is she angry?"
Scott said" Im making her stay here to make sure Liam does this, and she hates Liam's guts."
" Why?"
" Liam and Hayden, Liam to start it all, really."
" Your little sister, also Beta, hates your other beta, that's gonna go well."
I said" Hi, I can hear you both. I don't hate him, I just want to beat the living crap out of him."
Scott's alpha eyes flickered at me, meaning my eyes were now yellow, I closed my eyes and then opened them, they were back to normal. Scott kissed my head, He said" We'll be back tonight, okay?"
I mumbled" Fine." I hugged him then watched as they got into Malia's car and then drove off.

Mason and Corey walked up to me, I looked at them, saying" What? What did you do?"
Mason said" We found a place where we could keep Gwen..."
" And where is this place?"
" The safest place in Beacon Hills where Supernaturals can't get in, after a certain barrier is up."
" No!"
" Yes, it's the safest place."
" My mom would kill me!"
" Your mom won't find out."
" No way, not happening, I won't allow you guys to do what I think you're gonna do."
Corey said" We're just gonna take Nathan's party and throw it at your house so we can keep an eye on Gwen, so the Ghost Rider's don't take her."
" It'll be a small party..."
" You're lying. I can hear your heart racing out of your chest, Corey."
" Just, Scott wants us to keep her safe, that's what we plan to do."
" If anything is broken while this is happening, by teenagers, you're paying for it."
" Okay."

The party was happening, I really want to kill Liam, he's an idiot for letting this plan happen. I saw Liam get pinned to the wall by Nathan, Mason saved him. I leaned against the wall, my room was locked, I didn't trust anyone at this party, including Liam, Hayden, Mason and Corey, I didn't care. I sipped from some alcohol, it can't get me drunk but hey, it's something to drink.
Then after a while, there was thunder, oh god, this isn't going to end well, I can already feel it. The music got louder but that just caused the thunder to not be heard, then a really loud strike hit. I saw Corey and Mason looking up, I walked to them and looked up, a mark on the ceiling, then Gwen and Hayden ran down the stairs. Liam said" What's wrong?"
Gwen said" I saw him. He's right there. Don't you see him?" Then she ran off, Hayden after her,
Corey ran to the wall, going chameleon, He said" Liam, it's a ghost rider!"
Liam said" Where?"
" Headed for the kitchen. Right there." Then he grabbed something and we saw the ghost rider, the ghost rider slammed in against the wall. The ghost rider looked around,
I screamed" Everybody out, now!" Everyone started running out, I pushed Mason forward, looking at him, he ran to the kitchen and made a mountain ash line. We're stuck in here with a Ghost Rider, we're gonna have to win this to survive.
The ghost rider touched the barrier but couldn't get pass it, nor could his whip. Liam said" We can't let him get through." Liam broke a lamp on the ghost rider which didn't help at all, then the Ghost rider threw him. It did the whip again and this time made a mark,
Mason said" Guys, he's breaking through." Corey tried to hold him off but couldn't and then Liam helped. They were both thrown, I growled and ran forward, dodging its first hit but it grabbed my arm and threw me back, I hit the wall, then fell, holding my side. The ghost rider got through after they tried to escape but I'm guessing there was another and then got Gwen with the whip wrapped around her ankle. Parrish came in, He said" Freeze! Let her go!"
Liam said" Shoot him, Parrish."
" Everyone down, now." Parrish shot at the Ghost Rider but they didn't work, the ghost rider turned to him, they stared at each other," On your knees. On your knees." Then after some wind gush and thunder, the ghost rider was gone. I stood up.

Once Scott came home, he looked around, I glared at him then at Liam, Liam said" You said to find a safe place. So we brought the party here."
Scott said" Who said to throw a party at all?"
" At least we saved Gwen."
" But you saw one of the Ghost Riders."
" Corey made him visible so we could fight him."
" Alright, but doesn't the book say that if you see the Wild hunt you'll be taken too?"
" Everyone at the party saw him. Does that mean that..."
" They're all gonna be taken. I should have been here."

I was in bed, my eyes drifting shut as I fell asleep,
I was rolling a pendant in my fingers, it was small and was S shaped, I remember it kept me calm so many times, it kept me in control, but now I don't have it, it vanished in thin air from my fingers. Who gave that to me? Scott didn't, it couldn't have been Scott, right?

My shoulder was shaken, and I heard Scott say" Hey! Peyton! Wake up!"
I gasped and sat up, breathing heavily and looked at him," Hey, hey, you're alright, you're safe." He lifted me into his arms and carried me to his bedroom, I closed my eyes," What happened in your nightmare?"
I said" I don't know, I can't remember."
" Try to get some sleep." He laid me down and got next to me, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.