Chapter 22

Moms home and I heard her talking to Scott. It's 2am, and I'm not asleep. She said" Peyton?" I walked out of my room and said" yeah?" She said" why are you still up?" I said" I never hardly sleep when Scotty's not home." she nodded.
We are on our way to the police station, she didn't want me to be alone at 2 something in the morning.
We pulled up to the police station, we walked in and heard Scott say" mom? Peyton?" Mom said" you scared me, where is every..." but then stopped short seeing a boy, Matt with a gun pointed at Scott. Scott said" mom, Peyton, just do what he says. he promised he wouldn't hurt you." Matt said" he's right." then he shot Scott. my mom screamed, I closed my eyes. Matt said" but I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you." he looked at Scott, my mom said" wait, baby!" She went close to Scott, Matt said" back, back!" She came back to me putting me behind her. Scott said" mom! Mom, stop, mom!" Matt said" I said get back." mom said" Scott." Scott said" mom, do it. please, mom." my mom stepped back, me going with her. Matt said" get up, McCall." then sheriff said" Matt, matt. listen to me!" Matt said" shut up! Shut up! Everybody shut the heck up! Now, get up, or I shoot her next!"
Matt put me and my mom, in a jail cell. somehow I'm not freaking out that my brother has gotten shot, because he'll heal. He'll be fine soon, I slide down the wall and covered my ears and head.
All the lights went off, The sheriff was trying to get free. He got free, but then was knocked out by Matt, my mom screamed. my mom said" matt, matt, please listen to me. my son has been shot and I've heard other gunfire, and I don't know what's happening, but can you please just let me see my son?" Matt said" how clueless are you people?" Then Derek came in, full wolfed, then The Kanima came. Derek started fighting it. then he got pushed against a wall, the Kanima was on the bars of the cell, looking at my mom. She was scared to death, then Scott grabbed the thing and threw it to the ground. I saw Scott wolfed out, luckily mom hasn't yet. our mom said" oh god, Scott? Scott, you okay? Scott?" Then he turned around getting up. Our mom backed away, Scott ran off.