Chapter 40

Scott picked me up and we went home.
I was in my room, it's night since I had slept during the day, I probably won't be able to get to sleep. I was laying on my bed, I got up to go downstairs to get water when I heard movement in Scott's room. I went to his door and opened it, I saw him pacing back and forth, scared. he was on the phone, he said" Stiles, are you there? Can you hear me?" I went back to my room, after a little I heard Scott yell" Isaac! Isaac, get up. I need your help!!" He didn't call me, so I wasn't going to bother. I sat in my room, I'm not gonna sleep any, I've been having trouble falling asleep lately but it's only when I'm home alone or I know something's up but my brother won't let me help. Its night and the coldest night of the year, he won't let me help, I know he won't. I get a text from Scott, he said" we found stiles." I learned stiles had sleep walked, or something.
I was at school, Scott just came out of the locker room, Kira was trying to get his attention but he wasn't listening, then I saw Derek talking to Kira. I walked to my classes.
Scott and I were standing next Stiles, they are about to do a test on him in the hospital. Scott was fumbling with his fingers while I was biting my nails. The doctor started talking to Stiles, I wasn't paying attention. The 3 adults of the room left, Stiles said" you know what they're looking for, right? It's called frontotemporal dementia." Scott and I looked over to him, Stiles continued" areas of your brain start to shrink. its what my mother had. its the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers." Scott said" Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something." we all looked at each other then we all hugged.
Scott sent me home, I have to walk, home by myself at dark, seems safe in Beacon Hills, right? No, not at all safe.
I made it home, running mostly actually the whole time. I laid on my bed and twirled my long hair in my fingers.