{ forty six }

—

The day rolled around quicker than they would have liked it to. Yes, they were excited to finally be done with school and finally get away from problematic people, but they weren't ready for the future. They weren't quite ready just yet to say goodbye to the memories they had, but most importantly–each other.

The week had consisted of packing up their things; cleaning out their dorms for the next group of students to come in the fall in their place. They couldn't help but feel sad to leave.

"It's going to be weird," Jackson said one day, while helping clean out Mark and Jinyoung's dorm. "You know, not seeing you guys everyday."

Jinyoung emitted a sigh, discarding items into the trash. "Yeah."

Jackson huffed, sitting on the carpeted floor and looking down at his hands. "I'm gonna miss you guys."

"We'll miss you too," Mark says, "But it's not like we're going far. Jinyoungie and I started moving our stuff into our new apartment in Daegu."

"Mhm," Jinyoung hums, digging around his desk for things.

"Still," Jackson says, "It won't be the same."

"Lighten up," Mark says, laying a hand on the younger's shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll keep in touch all the time."

Jackson nods, running to the door once he hears a knock on it. He swings the door open, a wide smile coming in his face.

"Jaebum! Youngjae!" He exclaims, pulling the two into a close and tight hug.

"Yah," Jaebum says, "Too... Tight..."

"Can't breathe," Youngjae says, laughing.

"Sorry," Jackson says, pulling off and closing the door behind the two. "I'm just excited to see you guys."

"You saw us this morning," Jaebum says, chuckling and sitting on the bland bed.

"So?" Jackson says, laughing and flopping onto the bed.

"Aish." Jaebum says, smiling and wrapping an arm around Youngjae.

"You're awfully quiet, hyung," Youngjae says, nodding his head towards Jinyoung–who was still rummaging through books.

"Huh?" Jinyoung says, looking up while holding something in his hands.

"You're awfully quiet." Youngjae repeats, flashing a smile.

"Sorry," He says, "I'm just looking at this."

"What is it?" Mark says, squatting down next to him.

"Take a guess," Jinyoung says, holding up the black book in his hands.

A smile spreads across Mark's cheeks. "Your sketchbook."

"Mhm," Jinyoung hums, slowly flipping through the pages. "Really brings back memories."

"Like how Mark stole it on his first day here," Jaebum says, laughing. Mark playfully hits him, laughing as well.

"Yep," Jinyoung says, breaking into a laugh too. "What a day that was."

"The day I met the love of my life," Mark says, smiling and reaching for Jinyoung's hand.

"Aish!" Jinyoung says, blush tinting his cheeks as he takes Mark's hand.

"Gross," Jackson says, making vomiting noises and laughing.

;;

A few days later, graduation finally rolls around. The ceremony was finally coming to a close, after monotonous hours of listening to everyone get their diploma. Jackson cried more than he liked to admit, out of pure joy.

After the ceremony ended, the five walked out together, silence spreading between them. They didn't know why, but no one could think of words to say at the moment. It was just such a precious moment in their lives. They walk back to the dorms for the last time, creaking open the door.

"I guess this is goodbye," Mark says, walking in and looking around. The walls were now blank; everything that was theirs was now gone. It looked like a brand new room.

"I guess so." Jinyoung says, biting his lip. "I'm gonna miss this place."

Silence once again reigns through the room as everyone looks around, though still staying close to one another.

"I love you guys," Mark says, biting his lip. "Thank you so much for being there for me."

"Of course," Jackson says, smiling. "We love you too."

"Well," Jinyoung says, "We should get going."

The others agree, walking out slowly and closing the door behind themselves. Thus closing a chapter of their life, as they walked out to the parking lot and went to their cars to leave.

"You better text me!" Jackson says, getting into his car. "Don't leave me!"

"We won't!" Mark says, chuckling. "We'll text you."

"Okay..." Jackson says, closing his door. Though he opens it again, yelling across the parking lot. "I mean it!"

"Don't worry!" Youngjae yells back, giggling. "Bye! Take care of yourself! Don't get into too much trouble!"

"I won't!" Jackson laughs, closing his door.

The five start their cars, hesitantly driving off to their separate destinations. They wave to each other on their way out, not wanting to let go of those precious and dear memories on that campus, the good ones and the bad ones.

This chapter of their life was now finished, but another was just beginning. They were turning to the next page in their sketchbook of life, soon to fulfill the page with all of the colors imaginable. Life without each other was just a dull, blank page. But with each other, the picture will be so beautiful.

The End.

a/n: 0: woah!!!! it's the end!!!!

don't worry, i'm gonna write an epilogue don't scream at me yet lmao

but i really hope you guys liked this story!!! comment your thoughts!!!!!

also i'm so friggin sorry that it's been TWO MONTHS since i updated this! so i hope this is sufficient and makes up for the lack of updates.

i love you guys so much!!!!!

once again, i hope you enjoyed!
please vote & comment, i really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm!
-author em