{ twenty one }

—

Jinyoung scoffed, going back to drawing on the paper in front of him.

"Jinyoung..." Mark says, sighing and looking at him. "I'm sorry."

Jinyoung didn't respond, the only sound to be heard was his pencil moving against the paper.

"Jinyoung, I'll tell them when we get home okay? My parents already know... So it's just my friends." Mark says, laying a hand on his shoulder. "I promise. Don't be mad at me."

"Whatever," Jinyoung mumbled, shooing his hand off his shoulder.

"Jinyoungie, please. Can you talk to me?" Mark says, looking at him. "Say something else than 'whatever'."

"Something else than whatever." Jinyoung says, mentally giving himself a hi-five for that one.

"Aish, Jinyoung!" Mark says, sitting on the floor next to him. "Today was suppose to be our day. Let's make it our day again,"

Jinyoung finally looked at him, setting his pencil down. "Fine, but your phone is going somewhere else."

"Deal," Mark says, smiling softly. "Anything for you."

;

A few days passed, and spring break was finally here. Jinyoung was no longer mad at Mark, because let's be honest, he couldn't stay mad at him for long. Mark always seemed to make him feel better, even when he was the problem.

They boarded the plane together early that Sunday morning, taking the long flight over to the United States. Mark slept most of the time, while Jinyoung went back and forth from reading and sketching. (And maybe occasionally watching Mark while he slept, because he was damn cute.) The flight was long and agonizing, since some child kept kicking the back of Jinyoung's seat, but he dealt with it. He was excited and nervous at the same time to be going home with Mark.

Excited to meet his parents, nervous to meet his friends. And even more nervous being in another country he hadn't been in before.

The plane landed eventually, and Jinyoung was thankful. He looked beside him and gently shook Mark, waking him up since they had now landed.

"Markie, wake up. We're here," Jinyoung says, smiling softly. "You're home."

Mark stirs, sitting up and stretching. "Ah~ we're here? Finally."

They finally exit the plane, gathering their luggage and waiting at the airport.

"My brother should be coming to pick us up," Mark says, "You don't have to worry about him. He already knows too. He said he was excited to meet you." Mark says, smiling. Jinyoung nods, leaning against Mark as their waited.

"Yah, there's his car! Let's go." Mark says, grabbing Jinyoung's hand and walking to the small blue car. They get in, coming face to face with Mark's smiling brother.

"Joey!" Mark says, leaning across the seats to give his brother a hug. "I missed you."

"We all miss you," Joey says, smiling and driving off from the airport. "Dad's been talking all week about how much he misses you."

Mark smiles, "I'm excited to see them. This is Jinyoung, by the way." He says, wrapping an arm around Jinyoung.

"It's so nice to meet you," Joey says, smiling. "We've heard a lot about you."

"N-Nice to meet you too," Jinyoung says, his stomach and chest aching with anxiety. "I'm Jinyoung. Wait– Mark already said that. Sorry."

Joey and Mark laughed together, and Jinyoung noticed how their laughs were really similar.

They drove for a while, finally getting to Mark's home in the heart of Los Angeles. Jinyoung had been staring out the window the whole time, taking in all the new sights and scenery.

They stepped out of the car once they parked, and Jinyoung was in awe. Mark's home was beautiful, and large at that.

"Home sweet home," Mark says, sighing happily. "Come on, Jinyoungie. Come meet everyone,"

Jinyoung nodded, taking Mark's hand and walking into the house.

a/n: at least joey ain't a snake

but the snakes are coming 🐍 I can hear them hissing in the distance 🐍🐍🐍🐍

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em