{ twenty five }

—

Jinyoung looked at himself in the mirror, watching as the tears slid down his cheeks. He was a mess, in all honesty, but it's not like he could help it. His heart felt like it got ripped out of his chest, and he just wanted to go home.

He heard a knock on the bathroom door, jumping slightly. He definitely didn't want to talk to Mark.

"Yah, open up." He hears, and it wasn't Mark's voice. He suddenly felt embarrassed that someone could've been hearing him cry. He wipes his eyes as best he could, sniffling and slowly opening the door.

In front of him stood Tammy. She gave a soft smile, motioning for him to sit down on the bed. Jinyoung complies, wiping his eyes again.

"I know you're upset, and you have all the right to be." She says, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Mark screws up a lot. Like, a lot. You probably know that by now..." She says, chuckling. "But I promise you he's got good intentions. He loves you, he really does. Whenever he would talk to us about you over the phone, we couldn't get him to shut up." She says, smiling.

"I know he's screwed up big this time, but just think about how much he loves you." She says, standing up. "It may not seem like it right now, but you're his everything. I'll leave you alone to think, but just remember that." She walks out of the room, closing the bedroom door.

Jinyoung takes a shaky breath, looking down at his hands. It just didn't make sense to Jinyoung, how Mark loved him so much but not enough to admit that they were dating to his friends. It frustrated him.

The bedroom door slowly creaked open, and Mark's head peaked through the opening. Jinyoung couldn't look at him, just kept his gaze at the floor.

"Jinyoung..." Mark mumbles, walking slowly into the room.

"Don't talk to me," Jinyoung says, shaking his head. "Your words have done enough today."

"Please..." Mark says, kneeling down in front of him. "Please forgive me..." He says, his hair covering his eyes. His eyes looked red and puffy, as if he had been crying. Jinyoung stayed silent, looking at the carpeted floor.

Mark stays quiet for a few minutes, and Jinyoung could hear him start to sniffle.

"Please..." He mumbles, his voice weak. "You're... You're the love of my life. I'm so in love with you... I can't imagine life without you... Don't make me live a life without you..." Mark says, his voice cracking halfway through. "I'm so afraid to lose you... And I keep making these dumb mistakes because I'm scared. I love you so much, Park Jinyoung..."

Jinyoung finally adverts his eyes from the carpet, and looks at Mark. Tears were flowing from his eyes, his face was blood red, and his lip was quivering.

"You're my whole world." Mark says, a hand going to run through his own hair. "Please, forgive me. I'm so sorry, words can't express how sorry I am. My dad's inviting everyone back over tomorrow, and I'm telling them the truth, no matter what. No more excuses, no more jokes, just me and you. That's all that matters in my world now, me and you." He says, wiping his eyes. "Seeing you cry because of me makes me want to die. I was so fucking ignorant to act like that, it was childish. I don't know why I needed the approval of my friends. I only need you." He says, looking up at him.

Jinyoung takes a steady breath, nodding. "Okay." He grabs Mark's hand, pulling him up as he stands up as well. "You're forgiven. Just... Don't do anything that stupid ever again, okay? I don't know if I could forgive you again."

"Of course, of course," Mark says, hugging him tightly and crying. "I'm so sorry. I'm such an idiot."

"You're not an idiot, stop calling yourself that," Jinyoung says, rubbing his back. "You're my idiot." He says, smiling softly.

"That's the only kind of idiot I wanna be." Mark says, still keeping a tight grip on him.

"Mark?" Jinyoung says, biting his lip.

"Hm?"

"I love you."

Mark pulls off the hug, looking at him and smiling through his tears. "That's the first time you've said it fully to me."

"Because I mean it." Jinyoung says, wrapping his arms around Mark's neck. "I love you, I love you."

"I love you so much more." Mark says, pulling him into a soft kiss.

a/n: soft mark had returned what a cute baby

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em