{ eighteen }

—

Mark spread a sheet out on the ground below the tree, setting the picnic basket and his phone on the edge so that it wouldn't blow up with the wind. He sat down, extending his hand to Jinyoung. The other smiled softly and took it, sitting down on the sheet next to him.

Mark's phone started vibrating, startling the both of them. They laughed, leaning against each other.

"You're not gonna get that?" Jinyoung asks, looking at him.

"Nah, I've got a lunch to make." Mark says, pulling the picnic basket towards himself. "You can check it if you want, it's probably my dad. He texts me a lot since he misses me being at home."

"Alright," Jinyoung says, sighing happily and grabbing Mark's smartphone. "Password?" He says, his finger sliding across the screen.

"Oh, here," Mark says, taking the phone and typing in a few numbers, then handing it back. Jinyoung huffs.

"Why can't you tell me your password?" Jinyoung says, looking at him.

"You haven't told me your's," Mark says, shrugging and beginning to make sandwiches. "Didn't think it was that important."

"Mine is 1994," Jinyoung says, raising his eyebrows. Mark stays silent, continuing to make lunch (which really should be breakfast considering how early it was).

"Do you have something to hide from me?" Jinyoung says, biting his lip.

"No, of course not." Mark says, "I dunno. I just feel like your phone password is something private."

"Whatever," Jinyoung says, rolling his eyes and clicking on the messages application. He looked at the messages, seeing his most recent text recipients.

Papa Tuan 💙

Holly 😇
one new message

Jinyoungie 😍

Mama Tuan 💝

Jackson W. 💀

Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, reading them. He smiled a bit when he saw his own contact, but was confused when he saw who the new message was from. He opened it, reading their most recent conversation.

Holly 😇

> miss u 😘

lol miss you too! ❤️ <

> seriously, why did you move? I miss seeing your cute face everyday.

wasn't really my choice... <

you know how my parents are <

> I know, but still.

> i have no one to go partying with anymore 😭

go with andrew <

> he's not cute like you, though 😉

☺️😘 <

> wanna facetime tonight boo? 😊❤️

"What did dad say?" Mark asks, opening a juice bottle and taking a tip.

"Nothing," Jinyoung says, still looking at the phone. "Who is Holly?"

Mark stopped what he was doing and gulped. "Oh... She texted me? Let me see,"

"Mark, who is Holly?" Jinyoung repeated, holding the phone close to himself.

"She's just an old friend from my hometown," Mark says, reaching for his phone. "C'mon, don't act all jealous. This is our day, remember? She's nothing more than a friend, Jinyoungie." He says, smiling softly.

Jinyoung looked at him, taking his word for it and handing the phone back. He watched as Mark typed back, and sent a message.

"Look, I made lunch. Just for us, Nyoungie." Mark says, scooting closer to him and holding a sandwich to his lips. "Open~"

Jinyoung sighed softly, opening his mouth and taking a bite. Mark smiled and started to eat his own lunch, answering texts every five seconds that he got them. Jinyoung rolled his eyes, taking a sip from his juice and looking off into the distance. He crossed his arms over his chest, listening as Mark chuckled upon reading texts.

"You know, if you were just gonna text all day, we could've just stayed at the dorm." Jinyoung mumbles, standing up.

"Yah, I haven't been texting all day. Nyoungie," Mark says, watching as Jinyoung walked towards the flowery part of the field and sitting in a group of colorful flowers.

Mark followed him, sitting across from him. "Yah, what's wrong?" Mark says, reaching for his hand. Jinyoung shoos his hand away, acting in a somewhat brattish manner.

"I'd appreciate it if you actually paid attention to me and not your stupid phone," Jinyoung says, scoffing. "This is why I like art. Technology drains the social life out of people."

"I'm sorry," Mark says, leaning in and giving him a peck on his nose. "Forgive me please."

Jinyoung looks at him, sighing softly. "Fine..."

Mark smiles, plucking a purple flower from next to them. He takes it and gently puts it in Jinyoung's hair, his mouth open just slightly.

"So beautiful," Mark says, picking a yellow flower this time and sliding it into Jinyoung's hair. "My flower boy~"

Jinyoung laughs softly, beginning to pick flowers and stick them in Mark's hair.

a/n: oh whoops I added a snake into the chapter watch out

due to recent events, mark's friends have been pissing me the hell off lately and especially this holly hoe, so I felt the need to write some shady shit 👀

this won't be the last time you'll see the snake 🐍🐍

lmao, I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em