{ thirty nine }

—

They stay still and silent, exchanging glances with one another.

"I got it," Yugyeom whispers, "No one knows me here except you guys." He stands up, walking over to the door as the others silently watch him. Another set of knocks comes, making Yugyeom jump slightly. But he continues to the door, opening it once he gets there.

"Who the hell are you?" Soohyun says, looking Yugyeom up and down.

"Doesn't matter," Yugyeom says, "What do you want?"

"I know this is the room of some fags," Soohyun says, scoffing. "Yah! Mark, Jinyoung, Jackson! Just wait until I get a hold of you." He grins, trying to push his way into the room. Yugyeom stops him by pressing a hand on his chest.

Soohyun laughs, "What the hell. You're pathetic." He says, pushing Yugyeom to the ground and walking into the room. Yugyeom groans, scoffing.

Jaebum stands up quickly, looking at Soohyun. "Get the hell out of here." He says, lowering his eyes. "Before there's trouble."

Soohyun laughs, "I'm not scared of you, Jaebum. You act tough, but you aren't."

Jaebum grinds his teeth, glaring at him. "Fuck off."

"Nah, I'd rather only have to beat up three queers instead of four tonight." Soohyun says, walking around Jaebum to where the others were sitting–on the bed. He shoves Jinyoung off Mark's lap and grabs Mark by the shirt, grinning.

"I said fuck off," Jaebum says, grabbing Soohyun's arm. He shoves his arm off, scoffing.

"This doesn't involve you, Jaebum," He says, groaning.

"It sure does. You're fucking around with my friends and I don't appreciate it." Jaebum says, pulling his hands off of Mark's shirt. "Youngjae, go back to our dorm."

"Oh, you're telling your little boyfriend to leave so he doesn't see you get beat to a pulp? How cute." Soohyun says.

"No, Jaebum, just stop," Youngjae says, looking at him.

"Leave, Youngjae," Jaebum says, grabbing Soohyun by his collar.

"No!" Youngjae says, biting his lip. "Jaebum, what about what you've been working on! You've been doing so good lately with keeping cool..."

"Youngjae, just fucking go!" Jaebum says, beyond frustrated now.

Soohyun just laughs. "Pathetic, Jae. Even more pathetic then you used to be."

"Jaebum used to know Soohyun...?" Bambam thinks out loud, cocking an eyebrow.

"Fuck. Off." Jaebum says, shoving Soohyun to the ground. "Don't bring that up."

"What? That when we were friends, you were a fucking loser? That you depended on me for everything because you were so pathetic? That after I dropped you as a friend, you cried for days asking for forgiveness? That you literally got depressed because of me?" Soohyun says, laughing. "You're nothing but a lie to these people, Jaebum."

The others say in silence, trying to understand this new information.

Jaebum looked at him, furious. "You asshole!" He punches him in the face, panting softly. "I hate you!"

Soohyun grimaces, but laughs. "You could never hate me. I helped you."

"You ruined my life," Jaebum says, pulling him up by the collar again. "You ruined my life!" He punches his cheek repeatedly, tears trailing down his cheeks.

Youngjae runs out of the room, covering his eyes and crying. Jaebum watches him leave, feeling his heart completely sink. He drops Soohyun to the ground, looking at his red, shaky hands.

"Jaebum..." Mark mumbles, just as shocked at the rest of them.

Soohyun stands up, grinning. "This isn't the end of this, Jae. Not for you either, fags." He walks out, laughing.

Jaebum falls to his knees, covering his eyes. "F-Fuck..." he stammers, shaking his head. "I-I did it again..." He stands up, his face red. "I-I'm sorry..." he walks out the door, going in a different direction of where his dorm was.

a/n: and thus it is time to get to the part of the story where we reveal back stories

would it be ok if i did a cut scene to 2jae or do y'all just want markjin
bc these back stories r about to get real man
like i mean markjin will get there too but it'll start 2jae ya get me

also srry for all the angsty chapters whoops i love angst
+ angry jaebum is a hottie

anyways, i hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, i really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em