{ fifteen }

—

Mark had a rough day.

Even though things with Jinyoung had gotten patched back up, he only had one actual class with him. So all the classes that Mark didn't have with him, were pure hell.

The teasing and the name calling didn't seem to stop, even up until the last bell of the day. He felt like his head was spinning from all the words being thrown at him, and he couldn't focus.

The day was long, and Mark couldn't wait to see Jinyoung again, and have at least that go back to normal. He walked out of his last period class as the bell rang, walking as fast as he could to Jinyoung's class.

"Queer!" Some student said, throwing a paper ball at Mark and laughing.

Mark could feel himself breaking as everything from the day kept replaying in his mind. He saw Jinyoung, walking as fast as he could and grabbing his forearm. Jinyoung was in the middle of talking to someone, but jumped when his arm was grabbed.

Jinyoung looks at Mark, giving a soft smile. "Hey, Mark. Just a second," he says, finishing up his conversation with who Mark now recognized as Jinyoung's professor.

Mark still had a firm grip on Jinyoung's arm, his eyes burning from trying to hold in tears all day. Jinyoung didn't seem to notice yet, slinging his bag over his shoulder and beginning the walk back to the dorm.

"How was your day, Mark?" Jinyoung asks, looking at him.

Mark shook his head, biting his lip. "Jinyoungie, I can't do this... My day was horrible! I just want to leave..."

"Yah," Jinyoung says, unlocking their door and letting themselves in. He closes the door, "Don't say that. Sit down," he says, sitting on the bed and patting the spot next to him. Mark nods, sitting down and letting his eyes overflow with tears now.

"Are they bullying you?" Jinyoung says, laying a hand on Mark's shoulder. The other nods, trying to wipe his own falling tears.

"It's gonna be okay," Jinyoung says, patting his shoulder. "That's how it was for me when I first came out. Things will die down, people will start to care less."

"But I'm not you," Mark says, sniffling and looking directly into Jinyoung's eyes. "You're just this cute little Jinyoung who isn't popular! These people won't ever leave me alone!"

"Mark..." Jinyoung says, sighing. "You transferred here this year. I went here last year as well, and that's the year I came out. I was popular, Mark. How do you think I know Jaebum and Youngjae? They're popular." He looks at him. "The bullying was brutal at first, and I was actually considering dropping out. But I didn't. Eventually people forgot about me. That included some of my friends, but that's just how life is. If people aren't meant to be in your life, then they won't be. You can't force them."

Mark looks at him, his eyes red and swollen. Jinyoung sighs, wiping his wet cheek with his thumb.

"You're right," Mark says, still looking at him. "You're always right. And I need to listen to you more."

Jinyoung stifled out a soft laugh. "Not necessarily," he says, "I'm just giving you advice."

"Jinyoung..." Mark says, looking into his eyes. "What Jackson said about me wasn't wrong..."

Jinyoung could feel his face heating up. "W-What do you mean?"

"That I like my roommate." Mark says, leaning closer to Jinyoung.

"O-Oh, Mark..." Jinyoung felt his face on fire. But he couldn't stop his lips from tugging into a smile when he heard those words. "M-Mark, I like you t–"

"Just shut up and kiss me already," Mark says, laughing softly and closing the gap between them. He cupped Jinyoung's cheek gently with his hand, the other's arms going around Mark's neck.

They pulled apart, bright smiles and bright red faces showing back at one another.

"God, that felt so good to say, and to do. You're gonna have to let me kiss you all the time now," Mark says, laughing.

"I wouldn't mind that," Jinyoung says, smiling. He stands up, walking to his desk to start his homework when something caught his eyes.

"Mark..." Jinyoung says, his voice cracking.

"Yes, babe?"

"What– why?! My drawings!" He says, picking up the ripped up pieces of paper off the floor.

Mark gulped, his face going from deep red to ghost pale white.

a/n: THE FIRST KISS !!!!!!!!!
+ a cliffhanger as usual ya know

screams I lov my sons I promise

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em