{ twenty four }

(a/n: whoops let's just pretend jb isn't there ok jinyoung just looks real good in this pic and I needed to use it k thx)

"Why aren't you hanging out with uncle Mark?" She says, crawling up into Jinyoung's lap and sitting down.

"Oh..." Jinyoung says, sighing. "He's, uh, being kind of a meanie today."

"A meanie? That's not good! He shouldn't be mean, because he loves you! You're not mean to people you love~"  She says, smiling cutely.

Jinyoung was getting wise words from a toddler. Honestly words that Mark should hear himself too, but instead were coming out of his little niece's mouth. He was impressed that some words from a child could mean so much.

"Uncle Jinyoung? You okay?" She says, waving her small hands in front of his face.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry. Just thinking." He says, smiling softly.

Jinyoung could overhear Mark playing around with his friends in the pool, throwing around profanities and words that definitely shouldn't be said around family and small children. It honestly was repulsive to Jinyoung, how disrespectful these so called 'friends' were acting.

"Where are the drinks? I'm ready to get wasted!" Andrew says, laughing and leaning on the edge of the pool. They start chanting his name as he grabs a can of alcohol, and downs it quickly.

Jinyoung rolls his eyes. He couldn't quite believe that this is how everything would turn out; the two completely ignoring each other.

Jinyoung watched as Mark's niece hopped off of his lap, and trudged over to the pool.

"Uncle Mark, why are you being a meanie to Uncle Jinyoung?" She says, putting a cute pout on her face. "He's your boyfriend, you can't be mean to him~" She says, in her loud toddler voice where everyone could hear.

Everything seemed to go silent, and everyone seemed to freeze in place.

Mark's eyes widened, as all his friend's eyes adverted to him.

"Aigoo... Leila, that's hilarious! What a funny joke." Mark says, stifling out a forced laugh. "Jinyoung is just my friend. A good friend." His friends start to laugh with him, as if it was actually a joke.

Jinyoung's expression went from a shocked one to an angry one. He couldn't take all these lies anymore.

"Oh, of course. We're just friends, Mark! It's not like we've kissed, or you've taken me on dates, or that you've told me you loved me! That's all just a joke too, right?" Jinyoung says, standing up. "You didn't tell your entire family that we're a thing, right? Just a joke! All just one giant joke." He says, tears brimming his eyes. "I hope you're happy with yourself." He says, walking back into the house.

Mark sat in silence, his face ghost white. He really didn't expect Jinyoung to snap like that, especially in front of everyone.

"Mark, seriously? I thought we raised you better than this." His dad says, shaking his head. "Tell your friends to go home. You've got a lot of explaining to do."

Mark nods, slowly stepping out of the pool and telling his friends to go home. A loud string of groans came from his friends, but they complied.

Jinyoung was stuck in the bathroom, going between trying to get himself to stop crying and trying to take everything that just happened in. He was so confused, and he didn't even know where to begin when he sees Mark again. It was all too real, and he wished he would've never came here.

a/n: whoop there it is

the snakes aren't gone yet 🐍 don't worry ((((;

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em