{ twenty two }

—

Jinyoung felt his chest fill with anxiety as he walked up to the house. He squeezed Mark's hand, walking through the doorway with the two brothers.

"Hey, Mark and Jinyoung are here!" Joey yelled through the house, setting down the bags he had gotten from the car.

Jinyoung watched as six more family members came into his vision, and we're all gathered in the kitchen. Mark quickly let go of Jinyoung's hand, running to his mother and giving her a tight hug. Jinyoung smiled, it was such a sweet moment to be seeing.

Mark then went to hug his father, his two sisters, and his two little nieces. Jinyoung's heart was warmed by seeing such a wholesome and loving family.

"Okay, okay," Mark says, after hugging everyone and saying hello. "I want you guys to meet Jinyoung." He says, walking back over to Jinyoung and wrapping an arm around him.

"Jinyoungie, these are my parents, Raymond and Dorine. But you can just call them Papa Tuan and Mama Tuan," he says, as his parents wave.

"It's so nice to meet you finally," Mark's dad says, "We've heard so much about you."

"You too," Jinyoung says, smiling. "Thank you for having me."

"He is a sweetie," Mark's mom says, pinching Jinyoung's cheek. "What a cutie. You were right, Markie,"

"Of course," Mark says, laughing softly. "I wouldn't lie about Jinyoungie."

Jinyoung gave Mark the side eye, sighing ever-so-softly. That was a lie in itself, because Mark had lied about Jinyoung before. But that's besides the point right now.

"And then there's my siblings," Mark says, smiling. "You've already met Joey, and there's my sisters, Tammy and Grace."

"Nice to meet you," Jinyoung says, smiling.

"And then my nieces, which are Tammy's kids. Little angels," Mark says, picking one of them up and giving them a peck on the cheek.

"I missed uncle Mark~" she says, giggling and hugging him. Jinyoung couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, Mark with kids was just too cute.

"And now we have uncle Jinyoung!" The other niece says, running up to Jinyoung and hugging his leg.

"How cute is that?" Tammy says, laughing softly. "Welcome to the family, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung was all smiles, his anxieties just about gone. He felt so at home already.

"Well, Jinyoungie and I better get settled," Mark says, setting down his niece and walking over to his boyfriend. "We'll be back in a bit."

The family nods, going about their business as Mark grabs Jinyoung's hand and takes him down the hallway.

"They love you," Mark says, smiling. "I told you they would. You had nothing to worry about."

"I know," Jinyoung says, sighing happily. "Stuff like this is always nerve wracking, though."

"True," Mark says, opening a door. "This is my old room," he says, setting his bags down. "You okay with staying here?"

"Of course," Jinyoung says, "I'll be okay as long as I'm with you." He says, cupping Mark's cheek and giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"God, I love you." Mark says, pulling him in for a longer kiss.

"Mark! Your friends are here!"

Mark jumps slightly when he hears his name called, pulling gently off the kiss. Jinyoung felt the butterflies in his chest come back.

"It'll be okay." Mark says, kissing his forehead. "Come on."

"I'd rather stay here," Jinyoung says, sitting down on the bed.

"Yah, don't be that way. It'll be fine. Promise." Mark says, extending his hand out. Jinyoung sighs, taking his hand and hesitantly walking to the door.

a/n: can you hear the hissing? the snakes are near 🐍👀

also mark + his nieces makes me die instead it's too damn cute so get ready for more of that

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em