{ seven }

—

"On it!" Mark grins, grabbing a few loose dollars from the table and darting down the hallway. Jinyoung rolled his eyes, pulling the blanket over himself.

Mark came back minutes later, his hands full of snacks as he backed the door to a close.

"Gummy worms and a Coke." He says, handing them to Jinyoung.

"I didn't ask you for a Coke," Jinyoung says, taking it and looking at him. "It's... My favorite. How'd you know?"

"I'm just good like that," Mark says, sitting down at the edge of Jinyoung's bottom bunk. "Lucky guess, actually."

Jinyoung stifled out a soft laugh, opening the bag of gummy treats and sticking one into his mouth.

"Yah, I made you laugh!" Mark exclaims, smiling.

"Did not," Jinyoung says, trying not to smile.

"Did so, your lips are twitching! Just admit it Jinyoung~" Mark says, opening the bag of chips he got for himself and shoving a few into his mouth. Jinyoung rolls his eyes playfully, his lips twitching into a smile.

"See, look! A smile," Mark says, poking his cheek.

"Yah, no touching." Jinyoung says, swatting Mark's hand away. "Unless you'd like annoyed Jinyoung to make a comeback."

"No thank you," Mark says, retracting his hand and laughing softly. "What movie do you wanna watch?"

"Anything's fine with me," Jinyoung says, shrugging and cracking open the Coke, letting off a sizzle noise.

"Alright then, you're probably gonna regret letting me pick." Mark says, snickering. Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, but shrugged it off.

Mark made himself nice and comfy once the movie started playing, settling himself next to Jinyoung.

"Yah, you're a little close." Jinyoung says, tensing up a bit.

"Relax," Mark says, rolling his eyes playfully. "I don't bite. Most of the time at least," he says, giving a dramatic wink.

"Aish," Jinyoung says, laughing softly.

"Two laugh points for Mark!" Mark says, throwing a chip into the air and catching it into his mouth.

The movie starts, and Jinyoung's stomach didn't feel right. The movie started off with a weird vibe to it, and he wasn't liking it.

But eventually he got used to it. He watched it, occasionally stealing chips from Mark's collection of bags as the other did the same with his gummy worms.

Things were actually going smoothly... until the first jump scare.

Jinyoung wasn't expecting it– to say the least.

He shrieked, feeling his heart beat out of his chest as he clutched to Mark's arm. He buried his face against Mark's arm, trying not to look at the screen.

"Hey, hey," Mark said, trying not to laugh as he consoled the other. "It's not real, it's just a movie, relax."

"You didn't tell me we were watching a damn horror movie!" Jinyoung exclaims, still holding onto Mark's arm without realizing.

"You said anything was fine with you. I told you you'd regret letting me pick," he says, laughing softly and patting Jinyoung's head.

"I hate you," Jinyoung says, finally realizing that he was turning Mark's arm red with how hard his fingers were holding onto him. He retracts his arms back, crossing them over his chest and sulking.

"Love you too," Mark says, turning the movie off and looking at him.

"It's getting pretty late. Bedtime, shall we?" Mark says, standing up and yawning. He turns off the lights, climbing up to his top bunk. "Goodnight, Jinyoung."

"Y-Yah..." Jinyoung says, biting his lip.

"Hm?" Mark says, only his voice being heard in the pitch black darkness of their dorm room.

"Can... Can um... Can we keep the lights on?" Jinyoung says, feeling so embarrassed as to ask such a childish question.

"Aw," Mark says, jumping down from his bunk. Jinyoung clutches a hand over his heart, it scaring him.

"Are you scared now, Jinyoungie?" Mark says, turning the lights on.

Jinyoung looks away, running a hand through his hair.

"Aigoo," Mark says, "I didn't mean to scare you that bad with the movie. I'm sorry," he says, sitting at the edge of Jinyoung's bed. "Want me to sleep with you?" He says, grinning.

The answer he got shocked him, to say the least.

a/n: wow I'm on a roll this morning, pumping out updates while I haven't slept at all (I LITERALLY KEPT TRYING TO TYPE 'SLEEPED' THERE BC I FORGOT SLEPT WAS A THING WOW EMMA GO TO SLEEP)

but yeah anyways!!!

I hope you enjoyed!
please vote / comment, I really appreciate it!
thanks, ilysm~
-author em