I'll Stand By You

Happy New Year!!! I hope 2017 rocks!

P.S. Left a little message on my conversations board in my profile for all of you 💕

Chapter 67:

LOUIS

It was hard to see Harry suffer through nightmares and constant memories of what happened, but I just wanted to help him get better. I knew staying in this house wouldn't help.

It's been three days since he's come home from the hospital, and I felt as if his stitches were healing fine. He was in pain the first couple nights, and the nightmares didn't help. I turned the light on every night because he was even more afraid of the dark now because of that bastard. It pained me that there was nothing I could do.

He was super clingy now. He was afraid that if he let me out of his sight that I would be hurt, but I only cared about his well-being. I knew this whole healing process would be hard, but I wasn't going to give up on him. I loved him more than anything I've ever had.

I heard my phone ring, and I quickly answered it from the bedside table, not wanting it to wake Harry up. He didn't sleep until three a.m. last night, and I was really worried about him. He was only getting about an hour or two of sleep each night. This was the first night he's gotten four or five, and I wanted him to just sleep in late.

"Hello?" I asked quietly before I heard Liam's voice through the phone.

"Hey. Not sure what time it is there, so sorry." He said, but it was almost eight a.m., and I was fine. I was a bit sleepy, but I was okay.

"It's fine. What's up?" I asked.

"I was just checking in on how things were. How's Harry?" He questioned. He knew about my worries for him, and I sighed into the phone. "Still not well?"

"I mean, his stitches are healing well, but he's not sleeping well at all. He has constant nightmares, and it sucks that I can't do anything about them. It's not like I can just stop the nightmares. And he's constantly afraid that that dickhead will come back. He can't sleep with the lights off. He hates the dark more than ever now. I just want him to feel better." I explained.

"Zayn had nightmares. He also never wanted to be alone. I still worry about him, but he's starting therapy soon. Maybe Harry should do the same." He suggested. "It could be what he needs."

"How do I tell him that? How do I tell him that I think he should do therapy without him thinking I want to push him away? He already thinks he's burdening me, but I love him so much. He could never trouble me, and I want him better." I said, feeling desperate to help my fiancé.

"Then tell him that." Liam said in a pointed tone. "Tell him exactly how you feel as you suggest the idea. Don't say he needs it, just suggest the idea. And tell him why. You're engaged, Louis. Use your words."

He was right. He seemed to always be right, and that's why I always went to him for advice.

I felt Harry stir in my arms before his eyes fluttered open, and he looked me in the eyes. He looked exhausted -- even more so than when we found him in that basement. He had bags under his eyes and they were becoming blood-shot, his skin was paler than before, and his hair was a constant mess, but he was still so beautiful to me.

"Good morning, love. How are you feeling?" I asked, and Liam knew who I was talking to, so he patiently waited.

"I'm fine." He said, but I knew he wasn't. He was scarred by what happened, mentally and physically. It would be hard to let that go and overcome it. I didn't push it though.

"Who are you talking to?" He asked, resting his head back down on my chest, and I played with his hair as I responded.

"It's Liam. Just checking in on us." I said.