I Don't Wanna Be The Blame

Drama Alert!

Also, I am also posting these books on ao3, just btw. I am excited for it all, but wattpad is still my #1 thing. Enjoy!

Chapter 28:

LIAM

I woke up to my phone blaring in the silent room. I had no idea where it was because I fell asleep in all of my clothes, after watching a movie with Zayn, my jeans feeling heavy and gross on my legs.

I grumbled out something that I couldn't even comprehend as I searched blindly for my phone. It was in my pocket, which was a bad place to leave it in my case, but I just wasn't thinking between the movie and having Zayn pressed against me to keep warm.

I finally found the phone, hearing the shower on in the restroom, knowing Zayn was in there. I figured it was a good thing because he would have been abruptly woken up by my phone instead if he would have still been sleeping. I knew he would definitely feel grumpy and out of sorts after that.

"Hello?" I mumbled out, not bothering to check the caller ID. I was still stuck in a sleepy haze, memories of my and Zayn's confessions yesterday. I finally told him an important part of my past and he told me why he felt the need to push me away and act moody quite a bit. I felt like we were closer than ever now, and I loved that.

"Liam." I heard a woman's voice say in a sort of disbelieving tone. She sounded surprised, yet relieved. I held the phone away from my air, looking at the random number, but I didn't recognize it at all. Did I speak to someone recently that may know me? Not that I could recollect.

"Who is this?" I asked, needing to know who was calling me and who knew my name. It was a bit unsettling. I never answer calls from random numbers, but my sleepy state was responsible for this one. But I was surely awake now.

"Oh my goodness, Liam, I've been looking for you for so long. When I saw you on the news for... for kidnapping, you had no idea how worried and regretful I was! I never meant a word I said. I'm so sorry! For everything!" She said, and then I felt dizzy and sick. It couldn't be her. It just couldn't be.

I felt myself physically pale, and I felt like fainting. "M-mum?" I asked, immediately wanting to hang up if she confirmed my suspicions. I never wanted to talk to her again, but the other part of me wanting to give her a piece of my mind now that I wasn't that same boy that would take the blame and pain.

"Yes, Liam. I'm so sorry for everything my sweet boy." She said, and I could feel anger boiling in my blood. I wasn't her boy. I was nothing to her. She had no right to call me that or to even call me at all. She was never a mother to me. She told me I was worthless. She made me feel like I should just die. I left to make her life easier.

"No." I said, not even recognizing my own voice. It sounded so dark and cold, but that's the way I felt towards my mum. She may have given birth to me, but I didn't want her in my life at all. "You have no right to call me that. You never loved me and you never cared. I'm not the same Liam that might of accepted your apology, I've learned what it feels like to be loved and cared about. I have someone that loves me. Someone that shows me how special I truly am. And guess what? I love him more than anything. You can tell dad that, too."

"Liam, please just let me explain everything. I-"

"I really don't care." I interrupted her. Maybe I was being harsh, but I didn't want to hear excuses. I didn't want to hear a word she said. I didn't want to be manipulated into forgiving her or thinking it was all my fault again. I didn't want to feel the same pain.

"You had your chance to fight for me years ago, and you only added to the damage. You have no idea how thankful I was to get away from you, and maybe I did go to jail, but it was better than living with you two." I spat out, hearing the shower turn off, and I felt weaker. I needed Zayn. I just needed him to hold me.