Love Me or Leave Me

Another chapter! A lot of you wanted me to do a marathon of updates, which would be an update everyday for one week to say thank you for everything, so I am trying to get that ready for you guys. Also, a few of you guys wanted a character ask. Would you still want that? Let me know. Enjoy! 😊

Chapter 20:

HARRY

"You can do this, Harry. You can do this. Just knock, break up, then leave things on a good note." I told myself quietly, pacing back and forth in front of Niall's front door. I was a worried and nervous wreck.

I have never broken up with someone before, but I have been broken up with, and I knew it hurt like hell. Especially when you loved the person. It leaves you upset and just wishing you could have done anything to make them hang on and love you back.

Niall was my best friend, and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt him, but I knew I had to do this. I had to do it to be with Louis, and I had to do the right thing. It was wrong to be in this relationship when I was in love with someone else. It was leading Niall on- the one thing I swore I would never do. I was probably the worst best friend in the world.

I worked up the courage and stood in front of his door. I raised my fist and gave three quick knocks before waiting silently. I played with my fingers as a waited, a nervous habit that I have always had.

Niall answered the door with tears running down his cheeks. I was instantly worried. Even if I was here to cut things off with him, I still wanted him to be okay. "Shit, Harry." He whispered before closing the door. I waited patiently, worry building up in me as I had no clue what to do.

The door opened again and his eyes were dry and a bright smile played on his face. There were no signs that he was crying except for his red-rimmed eyes and the smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "Hello, love. Why are you here?" He asked, trying to sound happy, but I noticed the waver in his voice and frowned.

"Niall, what's wrong? Why were you crying?" I asked. I couldn't think of any reason why he would be crying, but I know I didn't like that he was.

"Nothing, Harry. I wasn't crying. I'm fine. Why are you here so early, love?" He asked again, clearly trying to avoid the topic, but I wasn't going to let him get away with that. I was going to figure out what was wrong like a best friend should.

"No, Niall. You're not changing the subject. Tell me what's wrong. Now." I ordered, knowing I would have to be a bit harsh with him to get him to open up. Niall wasn't one to talk about his problems much, except for if it came to his feelings for me. It even took him forever to tell me why he sometimes went to school a bit hungry and couldn't afford to go on certain school field trips.

"Okay, okay. You should come in." He said, sounding a bit scared to say anything at all. I would go inside, but I felt like he would hate me after I told him we needed to break up, so I shook my head, about to say it wasn't a good idea, but he wouldn't let me.

"Harry, please come inside." He said, and I nodded. I stepped into his home, a rather small house, but it was decorated exactly how I knew Niall would arrange it. I just knew Niall, and this felt like a place he belonged.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently as he closed the door. He turned to me and motioned for me to sit on the couch. I walked over and sat down, watching as he sat beside me. We sat in silence before I heard a sob escape Niall's mouth. I immediately became concerned and pulled him into a hug.

"My mum is sick!" He cried, wrapping his arms around me so tightly as he shook from crying. I was shocked at the news. I saw her not long ago, and she looked fine to me. She was smiling and joking at the dinner. How could that change so quickly?