Baby, I Love You

Another chapter! And can I just say, I love Demi, and her new song slays my life! It gives me the smut vibe 100% lol

Chapter 17:

HARRY

I walked out of the building and looked around the parking lot, unable to contain my smile as I saw Louis waiting in his car. I decided to have a little fun, so I snuck up quietly, crouching down so I couldn't be seen as easily.

To be honest, it probably wasn't the best look for someone with such a high position in this business, but I didn't want the job in the first place. Also, nobody was around to see me act childish.

I got to the car and then jumped up, banging on the passenger seat window. I laughed as Louis jumped hard, spilling some water out of the water bottle he had in his hand. He was in shock for two seconds before he looked up and saw me, making him laugh as I pulled the door open.

"Alright. Very funny, Haz. Now I have to clean up this spill." He said, stepping out of the car as water ran down his t-shirt and pants. I couldn't help but laugh as he tried to wipe it away only for it to leave a dark stain, making it look like he peed.

"Great, now it looks like I pissed myself." He said, gettinf back in the car. I did feel a little bad now, and I really didn't want Louis to hate me. I didn't want him to go back to not talking to me, to avoiding my very existence.

"Louis, I'm so sorry. I- I thought it would be funny, and-" I rambled, looking around to a napkin or anything to help him clean away the water.

"Harry." He said, calling to me, but I rambled out an apology and looked around the car. "Harry, look at me. Harry! Haz!" He called, and I stopped, shutting up and looking at him with regret in my eyes.

"It's fine. It was funny. It's just a little water. It'll dry up. And what did I say about apologizing so often?" He asked rhetorically, but I sighed and nodded. I leaned back and buckled my seatbelt on.

"What's wrong?" He asked, a look of concern crossing his features. He turned to towards me and gave me his full attention. I was scared to speak what I was thinking, but I knew Louis would press.

"I was just so stupid to do that. And terrified that you would be pissed at me. I always..." I trailed off, not wanting to make Louis upset, but he finished the rest, seeming to already know what I was thinking.

"You always prepare for me to yell, don't you? Just in case I loose my cool and turn back into that angry person?" He asked, and I gave a small nod, looking away in shame as tears built up in my eye. I didn't want to think so low of Louis, but his angry side truly terrified me. I was always afraid because I vould never predict when it will happen.

"Haz," Louis began, turning my face back towards him and wiping away the few tears that fell free from my eyes. I didn't want to cry, but I felt so bad for thinking so negatively.

"I'm s-"

"Don't you dare say you're sorry." He said, firm yet gentle. I stopped speaking and looking into Louis' blue eyes. They were mesmerizing. I missed laying down and gazing into them. I missed thinking we had such an amazing love. I missed knowing those eyes would only show softness towards me. But how can I miss it when it's still true? Louis always showed me who he truly was, and here I was doubting him.

"Harry, you have every right to be afraid of me going back to that dark and angry place. I'm afraid, too. I'm afraid that those demons inside of me will take over again, but you know what keeps me fighting, keeping them at bay?" He asked, and I sniffled, feeling foolish for crying, but I shook my head.