But I Get Nothing At All

Ahh! This story's almost at 11k, Stockholm Syndrome is almost at 70k, and I am just so thankful!

Thank you guys so much for being awesome readers! Comment something I can do for you guys when S.S. reached 70k. It can be basically anything. Related to this story or not.

Chapter 19:

LIAM

I smiled at the table setting, glad that I finally got it just right. The white, lace table cloth looked so elegant underneath the satin placemats. The white rose in the center of the table was unique and beautiful to me, just like Zayn. There were a few flower petals scattered around the floor and table, and two candles were lit, emitting a lavender smell. It was perfect.

"I really hope Zayn likes this." I mumbled, adjusting a few things and checking the music player to make sure it was hooked up right. I was going to play romantic music, have us our dinner, then I would set a hot bath for Zayn. I already placed flowers and everything up in the restroom. I just wanted him to still love me.

I don't know why I felt like I had to prove myself, but I did. If Zayn didn't want to spend too much time around me, then I must be doing something wrong. I just had no clue what that was. Was I too boring? Not romantic enough? Shit! What if I was too clingy? This would only make him want to stay away more!

"Fuck!" I whispered out, about to take everything down when I heard the front door open and close. I sighed, hoping for the best, before turning around and waiting until Zayn walked into the entryway.

I felt nervous, but I had no idea why. I should feel like Zayn loved me, but I couldn't. He barely looked at me now. Even when we spent last night together, he seemed... distant. Like he was thinking about every move he made. Something even felt a bit off in the bedroom. Was I not... good in bed anymore?

I cut off all my thoughts as Zayn walked into the room. "Liam, I'm ho- oh!" He said, cutting himself off at the sight and looking around the room.

I saw his eyes travel to every little detail, seeing a small, beautiful smile grace his features. It made me smile as he looked back at me. "Do you like it?" I asked, so full of hope that he did.

"I love it. How long did all this take you?" He asked, walking over to me, and I wrapped my arms around him. Every time we touched, I still felt those same things. The heat rushing through me and the sparks that littered my skin. Did he feel it, too?

"Not too long. I was just really worried you wouldn't like it." I confessed, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Well, you had nothing to worry about. This is amazing, Liam! How did you even get all of this stuff? Please tell me you didn't spend all this money on me." He said, looking at the placemats and rose petals everywhere.

"Well, I got the flowers from a little flower shop down the street. I didn't know it was there, but I was trying to go to the store to get the table cloth and the placemats." I said, pointing everything out to Zayn as he hummed and kissed my cheek.

"And the music player?" He asked. I was a bit unsure about telling him where I got that from because I knew he probably wouldn't like it.

"Oh, I borrowed it from Niall." I said before feeling Zayn tense up in my arms. I thought he would react something like this, but it really wasn't a bit deal. Besides, Zayn's the one who said it was probably good we were friends.

"N-Niall?" He stuttered out, pulling away from me and walking over to the music player. He messed around with it for a second, and I was glad for that. I didn't know what he even wanted me to say.

"Yes. I told him I wanted to do something special for you, and I asked if he had something I could hook my phone or something to, to play music. It's really not a big deal, babe." I said, walking over to him.