For The First Time

Hope you gets lots of cute feels because I sure did! And get ready for an emotional roller coaster.

And quick shout out to @jessicaLarrylover go check out his one shots!

Chapter 38:

HARRY

"Harry! You're back!" I heard Avianna's small voice yell in delight, and I felt a longing for her. I haven't been to the orphanage in a while, and I definitely missed her. She was probably the only person I truly missed here. The kids were all great, but I was convinced Avianna was a little angel.

"Hey, little princess." I greeted her, catching her as she ran and jumped into my arms, wrapping her tiny arms around my neck and hugging me as tightly as she could. I laughed and said "I missed you, too, Avianna. How have things been?" I asked as I set her down, waving at Gabby for a second.

"Good. Nothing really changes. Oh! We hung up our paintings on the wall! Wanna see them?" She asked sweetly, her eyes full of excitement, and I couldn't say no even if I tried, so I nodded and ler her pull me along to a wall at the back of the room.

"Look! There's mine!" She said, pointing to the picture with the three figures. A family. I knew it's what she desperately wanted, and I wanted to give it to her, but it wouldn't be that easy. "When can I see Louis again?" She asked, looking down and playing with her fingers.

"Um, I don't really know, love. He has work and can't exactly visit here." I said, feeling a bit bad when she looked a bit upset. Still, she gave me a small smile and said "That's okay because you're here. And you're happy. I can tell."

"Yeah. I'm really happy." I confirmed, watching as her smile widened. I looked up as I heard footsteps approaching us, seeing that it was only Gabby coming over to talk to us. "Hey. Sorry I haven't been around for a while." I apologized, but she only shook her head and waved it off.

"It's fine, Harry. I know things get busy in life. Can't expect you every day." She said. "Avianna has asked about you quite a lot. Think she's rather fond of you." She said, smiling down at the little girl as she hugged my leg.

"She's grown on me as well." I admitted. "So, what are the kids doing today? What's been planned?" I asked, wanting to get into this as soon as possible. Everything just felt so right in life right now, but I had no idea how long that would last.

"Nothing much today. It's more of a relax and play day. Oh! But did Avianna tell you the good news?" She asked, getting excited as she spoke, and I shook my head. "She has an interview to be adopted in two days! If the couple loves her, they'll adopt her for sure!" She said, smiling widely before hearing two kids fighting over a toy. "Oh, I have to tend to that. Sorry. Great to have you back, Harry."

I turned to Avianna as she walked away. "Avianna, that's great news! Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, but my happiness and excitement for it all fell as I looked down at her and saw a small frown on her face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just... I don't want to be adopted." She said, and it shocked me because didn't all of these kids want a mum and a dad? Wasn't that their one desire? To get out of this place and live a happy, normal life?

"Hey, I know it's scary to meet these people and to be afraid of change, but you'll be so happy with a new family. You'll get to live a normal life with possibly a brother or sister. And I have no doubt that they'll love you." I said, trying to make her feel better and appease her mind.

"I know." She said, but there was something different about the way she said it. She didn't have any heart in it. The whole time I've known Avianna, she's always put heart into everything, excelt for now, and I wanted to make her feel better.