I'm Honest

Astoria's P.O.V

I'm now at home, I can't really move around often sice my body has gotten very weak.I hate having to be a burden to Draco and to his parents.

I'm still trying to fit in to this family, I know they just accepted me out of pity. Dray still hates me, Draco keeps telling me that Dray would accept me sooner or later.I'm not giving up hope.

I may not be Hermione but I will do my best to be a good wife and step mother.For Hermione too, I want to stand in her place but not permanently take it.

I feel very weak and my body's gone thin...I hate this.

"Astoria..." Someone knocked on the door,"come in" I said.The door opened, I saw Draco."You're home" I smiled,"yeah..." He looked so blue.

He sat beside me,"are you alright?"I asked ."Yeah...I just, got a lot of stuff in my mind right now" Draco replied "Have you been taking your medicine?".

"Yes.Don't worry about me.How is the investigation on Hermione's case?" I asked,he seemed to have froze because of my question."About that...uh..." He stopped.

"Yes?"

"I wanted to ask you something about that" He said.

"What is it?" I asked wondering what this is about.

"Well...you see...We had an interview from your dad.He said that he was just strolling around the village when he heard screams from Hermione's house." Draco started saying "then he rushed over to see them dead...he said he didn't really see the person who did it but he noticed that the person's hair was red.He even said that it was red like the Weasleys' hair".

"I see...why would dad be strolling in a muggle village?" I said wondering.

"That's just it...we recently had a meeting about that case and...well...we concluded that,I'm sorry to say...your dad might've something to do with the murder case" Draco said.

I was struck, I felt as though it was true.But I don't know if it really is.

"Astoria please be honest..." Draco holds my hands "Did your father murder Hermione and her parents?".

"I-I...I don't know..." I stammered.

"Are you involved with what happened?" He asked.

"No!" I replied raising my voice"I would never"

"Please Astoria...If you know anything please tell me!"Draco pleaded,he sounded furious but I noticed his eyes were filled sadness.

"I'm sorry Draco but I really know nothing of this" I replied.

His head dropped,he's crying.

"Draco I'm truly sorry.If there was anything I know....I swear I would've told you.But I really don't" I said and wrapped my arms around him.

"I have to find out what really happened.I'm sorry but I don't trust your dad at the fullest..." Draco says.

"I understand.If he did have something to do with this...I might not forgive him" I said.

"Please... Don't say that.He is still your father and if he did...I would be furious but if Hermione were here...she'd be scolding me...telling me to forgive".

His tone changed,he sounded happy when he said her name.

"I know she would" I said.

"I'm..sorry...It's just that I really want to avenge her.She didn't deserve it,nor did her parents" Draco sniffed.

"I know she didn't.I wish I knew even a clue of what happened but I don't...I want to help with this." I said "I know she's very important to you."

"She is..." He cried "and I couldn't do anything...she's dead and I still haven't found who did that to her".

"You will." I told him.

"I'm sorry I raised my voice earlier at you" Draco apologized and hugged me back.

"That's alright...Now stop crying" I said rubbing his back.

"Astoria...thank you" he smiled and leaned closer to kiss my forehead.

This is the reason why I love him so much.But sadly he really isn't mine,and even though we're married now, he still isn't.

Although I feel loved whenever he's with me,I'm glad that I was given a chance to feel loved by the man I loved for so long...

"I love you..." I whispered.

I felt him hug me, as if he doesn't want to let me go.

Draco's P.O.V

I feel relieved to find out that she has nothing to do with what happened to Hermione and her parents.I might've been really mad if she did.

But I don't believe that Astoria would even do such thing, she's a different kind of woman.She's very caring and kind.I'm actually glad she's here for me.

Despite her sickness,I hate seeing her this way too.I can't even be here all the time to help her heal, but she's strong too.Thats why when I come home I spend a lot of time with her because I know that she needs and wants attention.

I haven't been able to ask how the kids are right now.Especially that Dray is one of the champions.I'm worried about him though, remembering what happened to Harry when he was one of the champions during our years at Hogwarts.

I know that they miss Hermione as much as I do, thank goodness I haven't been receiving letters of complaint if ever they did any trouble again with some people.Like what happened to Pansy.

I noticed Astoria had fallen asleep in my arms, I carefully laid her down and sat beside her to watch over her while she slept.

"Rest well dear" I kissed her forehead.

"Draco..." I saw mum peek through the door.

"Yes?" I faced her.

"We have to talk" She says.