Yule Ball#2

Lizeth's P.O.V

Just about 30 minutes ago,I stepped down that staircase with Dray looking at me.He was actually looking at me,not in a disgusting way, or in the way as if he wants to ignore me.

It was different.He looked happy to see me, though I saw his ex-girlfriend behind him.Now we're dancing in the middle of the whole crowd.A band is hired to play and everyone is having a fun time.

"Hey, what do you say we leave this crowd?" I suggested.

"Sure.I'm being crushed here" Dray chuckled.

I took his hands.

"So where are we going?" He asked.

"Up" I retorted.

We twirled and danced until we reached the ceiling.."I didn't expect it in this way though..."Dray said, his grip became firm.

"Sorry." I smiled, we were upside down "Afraid of heights?"

"No" He defended, I snorted.

 "And I warn you, if you let go you'll fall"

"Nah.I wouldn't want my head to shatter into a million pieces" Dray shook his head.

"Like your heart just did?" I said softly.

"Probably" he frowned.

"Hm...I saw you talking to Magenta earlier.What did she say?" I asked smiling.

"Oh, you saw that huh?...Well, she just complimented me and asked who my date was" he replied.

"I see.She must've hoped that she was YOUR date tonight" I giggled.

"I don't think so" Dray says and we looked down to see Magenta and Felix having fun, laughing, flirting and all.

"That's alright Dray.She'll regret what she did" I told him and patted his shoulder.

"No worries.She actually looked surprised when you arrived.Bet she couldn't compete with a vampire's beauty" Dray winked.

Beauty?I felt my cheeks go warm.

I laughed it off "I am the Vampire Queen after all".

"Anyway, wanna go get some drinks?"He offered.

"Sure." I agreed and we went down.

"Wait here, I'll get the drinks" Dray says, I nodded.

I suddenly see Magenta making her way towards me.

"Lizeth!" She called me.I faced her.

"So, how do you like the ball?You having fun?" She asked.

"Yes I am.You?" I asked back.

"No, not as much if Dray was my date" she crossed her arms and shot me a bad look.

"Oh...Well you can dance with him you know?No one's stopping you" I reassured  her.

"I will, but the problem is that you're in the way." She glared at me.

"I'm not.Go ahead" I said honestly.

"Hmph!I would've talked to him about us if you hadn't shown up into this picture." she said cruelly "I saw you approach him before the First task, it's obvious that you were interested in him".

"I am.But as a friend that is."I retorted, she looks pissed off.I couldn't help but giggle.

"Here you go Liz" Dray arrived holding drinks in his hands.

"Thanks.Finish up those drinks and dance with Magenta.I'm sure you two would love to talk to each other" I said giving him a hint.

"Huh?" Dray looked confused.

"Come on Dray.Please?"Magenta played cutely.

"But what about you?" Dray asked me.

"I'll be fine Dray" I smiled and drank "now go".

Magenta took Dray's arm and pulled him away, Dray was still looking at me.I waved at him smiling, then I quickly looked away.

I didn't want him to go with her, but I don't want to argue with Magenta...for some reason I actually don't feel so good.

Blood...You want blood...

AGH!Not again...

Blood...More blood...I need blood...I WANT BLOOD..!!!

That part of me is raging again.

Lizeth...yes!We need her!The stone needs that girl's blood...

What's this?...My head is aching...I'm seeing the future.MY future.

I ran out of the ball, my head is throbbing, I'm heating up.Crap!This is not good...

Dray's P.O.V

Now I'm dancing with Magenta, which I didn't really plan on doing tonight...Why would Liz want me to dance with Magenta?

"Why did you pick Lizeth as a date?Good choice" she smiled, fakely.

"Cuz she's a close friend of mine.I like being with her." I replied.

"Oh...she's nice.Well...how are you anyway?" She said.

"I'm alright.Doing great actually" I retorted.

She looked disappointed, heh.She must be expecting me to be depressed because of our breakup.

I suddenly noticed Lizeth holding her head as if she's in pain.

"Aren't you gonna ask how am I?" Magenta says.

"Oh, sorry.I'm a little bit distracted.How are you?" I asked, "Won't Felix be looking for you?".

"No.I already told him to dance with someone else and I told him I wasn't interested in him any more" she replied

"Why?" I asked.

"Cuz...well...I regretted what I did to you.I'm sorry...It's just that you didn't give me much attention when we were dating and I wanted attention.You were so busy with your siblings and family." Magenta said.

"Well, you should've thought of that before doing it.They're my family and they're important to me.I'm sorry if I didn't give you much attention." I said, from the corner of my eye, I saw Lizeth run outside.

Whats wrong with her?

"I'm sorry but I gotta go" I said as I let go of her, but Magenta grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going? We're still dancing" she stops me.

"I have to know what's wrong with Lizeth" I stated.

"Is she more important to you than I am?" She pouted, trying to make me pity her.

"If I said she was, would you let go now?" I gritted my teeth.

"But...But how come? I had you first and you barely know her. You don't know anything about her!" Magenta raged.

"Why? Do you?" I shook her arm off and ran after Lizeth.

If she thinks I'm getting back together with her, she's bloody wrong. And what's it to her that I chase after Lizeth, that I don't know her fully yet?

Lizeth is still my friend.

I don't care what Magenta says about this. Argh!

Damn Lizeth what the heck's wrong with you?