Chapter 7 -Off To The Hospital→

Lottie's POV

I must of looked a sight. I was crying for fifteen minutes straight. I reached for my bag and took out my small mirror. I flinched when I saw the sight of myself. My eyes were bloodshot red, and my nose was starting to run, and because of the tears running down my face my foundation had become quite patchy, and my mascara and eyeliner was running down my cheeks. I searched my bag for a tissue, giving up when I couldn't find one. 

Mrs Poole saw me looking in my bag though, and obviously knew what I was looking for. Luckily for me she had one. She passed it to me and I gingerly blew my nose. She told me I would be excused to go to the hospital after lunch because she wanted me to eat something in case I started to feel ill when seeing her. I nodded, agreeing to everything said, when I suddenly realised something.

Louis. 

He'd need to know about Aunt Rosie. She was like our mum. She'd raised us like we were her own. If Louis didn't know now, he might not find out until I'd see him! And I didn't even know when he was coming. Mrs Poole signalled for me to go back to my lesson, I stood up and thanked her for everything. Before going back to the classroom I went to the toilets to clean myself up. I re aplied my make up, and made sure I had some spare tissues with me just in case my nose decided to run again.

I walked down the corrider to the history block and stood outside the classroom looking at everyone. I couldn't do it. I couldn't face them. It was way too soon. I felt sharp tears slide onto my cheeks and I frowned. I turned around, still unsure whether to ditch or not. When I finally made my decision, I turned around, but I was too slow, Max caught my eyes and stared at me.

He put his hand up and spoke to the teacher, me being the idiot I am just watched him not even realised what he was doing. He stood up and then I realised and legged it to my car. Just as I got out the school gates I felt Max's arms wrap around me and him pulling me into his chest. I couldn't help what happened next and cried.

"Babe. Babe."

He shook me gently and I finally looked up at him, tears still falling down my face.

"Whats happened? You know you can tell me anything!"

I looked at him and nodded. He was right, we'd always told each other everything, even before we were together, and he'd find out sooner or later anyway. I explained to him everything, sobs sometimes stopping me from speaking. After I'd finished Max wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug then softly kissed my lips.

"What are you going to do now then?"

"I'm going to the hospital."

"You said that you can't until after lunch though."

"Since when have you followed rules? And I can't wait that long Max."

He winked at me cheekily while squeezing my hand reassuringly. Ever since I first laid eyes on him I knew he'd be trouble, but he's a great guy, and I love him.

"I don't, I just don't want you to get in trouble."

"Don't worry about me, Aunt Rosie needs me, I have to go, they can't stop me."

Max nodded, agreeing with me, then kissed me and walked back to the school gates. In some ways I wished he'd come with me, I couldn't face Aunt Rosie alone, and I hated hospitals. I hated the smell of people dying, seeing sick faces and all those doctors and nurses telling you things were going to be fine when they knew the truth, that they weren't going to be 'fine'.

I hopped into my car and drove to the hospital. It wasn't a long drive away from the school, about twenty minutes. I put on the radio and What Makes You Beautiful started playing. I smiled, and thought about Louis. I'd call him when we got to the hospital.