Chapter 2 -The Accident☠

I lay down in bed not moving at all, memories from last night still in my head. I remember everything that happened like it was only yesterday.

-FLASHBACK-

After we crashed everything seemed to be so different. A passer by lady that had seen everything happen had screamed when she saw, and was now kneeling by my side, and who I guessed was her husband or boyfriend was kneeling by Louis. She was looking at me lost, I could sense the fear in her eyes.

I finally opened my eyes and looked at the surroundings around me. There were police vans everywhere, two ambulances and a lot of police officers. I tried to sit up to look where Louis and my parents were, but the lady pushed me back down, carefully. She looked at me with concerned eyes, tears beginning to well up. I didn't pay any attention to her and sat up anyway. I heard all sorts of different noises coming from my body and I fell back down with a thud.

"Please stay still, you might have broken something, the stretcher will take you in a few minutes."

I looked at her, a bewildered look on my face. What had happened? Why couldn't I remember? And why was I going on a stretcher?

I looked around and stopped when I saw the ditch, and then I remembered everything.Tears started to form in my eyes, dripping down my cheeks freely.My breathing was starting to become a little out of sync, and I was struggling to see. The lady held my hand and squeezed it softly.

"Everything's going to be alright."

"Where's my mum and dad? And my brother! Where are they?!"

I asked her, tears were running down my face uncontrollably now. I heard the sound of wheels somewhere near me and turned over, a stretcher was being taken to the ambulance, a limp hand hanging off it. I cried when I noticed a bracelt moving about on their slim wrist.

"L-Louis."

The lady held my hand and tried to wipe away my tears, this just made me want my parents more.

"I want my mum and dad!"

I cried like a baby, the lady cradling me in her arms. She let me go when the paramedics came with the stretcher. I was placed on it, all sorts of tubes going into my body, one which was helping me breathe. As they put me in the ambulance I heard the voice of the lady again.

"Of course I'm coming! The poor thing will need someone to be with her!"

Poor thing? what was she on about. Everything was going to be fine, mum and dad told me that loads of people would have a car crash at one point in their lives, Auntie Rosie had one and she was fine. The ambulance started to go, and the paramedic started to do some tests on me, the lady holding one of my hands. 

"Where's my brother? And my mum and dad?!"

I cried helplessly, letting the tears sprawl down my cheeks. I felt the tears being wiped away with a tissue and looked at the paramedic. She gave me comforting look and smiled. I couldn't smile back, I wanted my Mum, Dad and Louis with me.

I tried to sit up, and as I did one of the tubes that was helping me to breathe fell out of my mouth. My breathing started to become heavy and I fell back on the stretcher. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was the lady screaming at the paramedics.

"Do something! Help her!"

I knew she was crying from the tone of her voice. Then everything went black.

***

When I woke up I was happy to see Louis by my side, holding my hand.

"Louis."

My voice croaked, and it was very quiet, but it was loud enough for him to hear. He looked at my face and smiled, tears starting to fall down his cheeks.

"Lottie. You're ok." 

Just as he was about to wrap me in a hug I noticed one of his arms in a sling and pushed him back carefully. I heard a cracking noise and winced.

"Louis, y-your arm. Are you ok?"

I bombed him with questions about his arm, eventually I stopped and he answered.

"I'm fine Lottie, it's just a bad break. Nothing a few weeks won't be able to fix. Anyway it's you we should be worried about. You broke two ribs, your right arm, and your left ankle."

I winced when he told me, tears were still falling down his cheeks, his eyes werebloodshot red too. I'd rarely seen Louis cry, in fact I'd never seen him cry like this before, something bad must have happened. Just as I was about to ask him what, I heard the door burst open and someone run towards me and Louis.

"Charlotte, Louis thank god your ok!"

I turned around and stared at the woman making her way towards me and Louis. Aunt Rosie. What was she doing here?

"Aunt Rosie!"

I looked at her and she stopped in her tracks when she saw me. She looked over at Louis and winced. He had a black eye and a few cuts on his face too.

"Aunt Rosie, when are mum and dad coming to see us?"

Aunt Rosie's face fell.She looked at her feet, droplets of tears landing on the floor, she looked at me and her eyes finally met mine.

"Charlotte."

"Are they not feeling well? we can go to their room if it's easier. Maybe they'd prefer it."

"Charlotte dear, Mum and Dad aren't coming."

Louis burst into tears and put his hands over his face.

"It's ok Louis, we can see them when they're feeling better!"

I said trying to cheer him up. As soon as I finished my sentence Louis started crying even more. What did I say?

"Charlotte, sweetheart, I don't think you understand."

I looked over at Aunt Rosie, her eyes were red and I could sense fear in her voice. No one spoke for a few minutes.

"Tell me."

Aunt Rosie looked at me, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Charlotte, Mum and Dad aren't coming back. They died in the accident, they've gone to heaven with Uncle James."

My heart fell. My whole world had been ripped to pieces. I cried for hours, Aunt Rosie cradling me softly not wanting to to hurt my broken bones, and Louis wiping away all of our tears.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 done! I wanna say thanks to @_athea_ for being the first to comment, and I'm sorry to those of you who don't like the story right now. Some of you might think its boring with the flashbacks, but this should be the last flashback, and all of the flashbacks are in Charlotte's POV btw :)

Thanks for reading, please leave me some feedback, it makes me smile to see comments, and maybe a vote? :) <3