Chapter 1 -My 13th Birthday♧

-FLASHBACK-

I sat up in bed and looked at the clock.

11:58

Two minutes left. Two minutes until I was officially thirteen years old! I really want to go wake Louis up, but he'd probably be angry with me. I decided to just lie down and wait.

11:59

I swear i had already been two minutes? Oh I just wanted to be thirteen already!

00:00

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to Charlotte...

I sung it quietly, not wanting to wake anyone up. Mum and dad would get annoyed with me if i woke them up.

The next few minutes went by quickly and I found myself drifting off  to a peaceful sleep.

***

"Happy Birthday little sis!"

I sat up in bed quickly and smiled. Louis ran through the door presents in his hands and jumped on my bed. I laughed at him. Sometimes I thought I was the eldest! My eyes scanned the door. Where were mum and dad? Louis looked at me and laughed.

"They're coming don't worry."

After he finished his sentence, mum and dad entered the room.

"Happy Birthday Princess." 

Dad walked over to me, kissing my cheek.

"Happy Birthday sweetie."

My mum pulled me into a big hug and kissed my forehead.

She let go and everything was silent for a few minutes.

"Want to open your presents?" 

Louis asked me, a big grin on his face.

"I thought you'd never ask!"

I took the small pile of presents on my bed and opened them carefully, they looked so nice!

I squealed when I saw the box I held in my hands. It was a full spa and make up set! Nail varnish, mascara, eyeliner you name it! I'd been wanting this for ages but I'd never had enough money for it!

"Thank you so so much Louis!" 

I pulled him into a big hug and smiled.

"Anything for you."

I couldn't help grinning, I loved Louis so much. My head swiveled over to my parents and they laughed.

"This way."

I followed them downstairs and waited outside the door.

"We couldn't really wrap it up, but we hope you like it." 

"I'll love it no matter what it is dad!"

I ran through the door and stopped in my tracks when I saw what it was.

A white grand piano was sitting in the middle of the dining room, sparkles shining when sunlight bounced off it. I couldn't contain my excitement. I'd been hinting for a piano for months, I didn't think they'd actually go and buy me one! I ran over to it, my hands tracing the fine white paint. It was beautiful. And it was all mine.

"Thank you so so much mum and dad!" 

I ran over to them and gave them about a dozen kisses.  It was one of the best presents I'd ever got, along with Louis' present of course!

"Now go get ready for school both of you, you've still got a long day."

"Ah mum, its my birthday please."

I looked at her and gave her my best puppy dog face. Louis laughed. I looked at him and glared. 

"Now."

"Don't I get five minutes to play?"

Mum pointed to the door and I ran back upstairs to get dressed. 

***

School was finally over, and it was now half past six. Today wasn't too bad. I'd seen my friends and got more presents and now we were going out for dinner. I was dressed and ready just waiting for Louis to finish. I was wearing a white top, with a blue and white checked skirt and a teal jumper on top, it was beautiful. I'd bought it last week when mum took me shopping. Ten minutes passed by and I walked over to the car and hopped in.

"The dress looks really nice on you Lottie."

"Thanks Louis."

The car started and we drove to the restaurant. I wasn't paying attention to what happened next. Everything seemed to go blury and before I knew it, all I heard was an ear piercing scream, and mum and dad shouting for me and Louis and then we toppled upside down, landing in the ditch.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

I sat up in bed quickly, wiping away the beads of sweat on my forhead. I felt so guilty. If we didn't go out that night, none of this would of happened. I burst into silent sobs, and cried myself to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the first chapter!

I know its boring, but I need to tell you about what happened in Lottie/Charlotte's childhood.

Leave some comments below and tell me what you think. I'd like to hear your opinion on this so far :o)