Talk To Me.

Y/n Pov.

Skyler: "What's wrong?" I shook my head and looked up from my drink.

Y/n: "What?" I asked slightly dazed.

Ava: "You're overthinking, we can see it." She sat down at the dining room table with the rest of my family.

They decided to surprise me and fly to Los Angeles to spend some time with me.

Y/n: "Oh? I'm just thinking about the competition and how practice has been going," I lied hoping they would fall for it.

Y/m/n: "You know you can't lie to us, right? We know you and we know when you're going through something." She spoke dishing out for me.

Y/d/n: "Did something happen between you and the girls?" He asked confused.

Y/n: "No, no. The girls and I are perfectly fine." I said grabbing my fork and taking a bite of my food.

Skyler: "Does it have to do with what's coming up this week?" I stopped chewing and looked up before swallowing my food.

Y/n: "What's this week?" I asked playing dumb.

Ava: "Playing dumb isn't going to help. We know how you get when it comes to that time of the year..." I sighed and ate my food silently.

Y/m/n: "We miss her too, Y/n. It's not just you and it is okay to be upset about it." She spoke softly.

Y/n: "Then how come no one likes to talk about her? She looked after us for so long and now that's she...gone, no one talks about her." I muttered hearing silence follow.

Y/d/n: "I think it just hurts for us to talk about her. It doesn't mean we didn't love her, she was your grandmother." I cleared my throat and continued to eat hoping they would drop the subject.

Skyler: "It's okay to be sad about it Y/n. I know it was hard on you when everything happened," I nodded and kept quiet as they talked.

Y/m/n: "Do the girls know what is going on?" I shook my head.

Y/n: "No, I didn't want to bother with it. They're dealing with a lot of personal things so I don't want to burden and add to their problems. I will be fine," I said trying to believe it myself.

Y/d/n: "Well-" He was cut off by the front door opening and closing.

Kylie: "Y/n!!!" She sang out walking into the dining room with everyone.

Y/n: "Hey," I chuckled hugging them all. We all took our seats and settled down for some lunch.

Kendall: "Sorry for being late, traffic was insane today." She said from beside me. I felt her place her hand on my thigh under the table and smiled placing my hand on top of hers away from my families view.

Skyler: "It's cool, sorry we couldn't wait." She laughed making them do the same.

Bella: "It's alright, the food tastes amazing." She said making everyone drift into an easy flow conversation whilst I remained silent in my seat.

I knew my behaviour was off and sooner or later, Kendall would ask what was going on but it was difficult for me to talk about. 

We finished up our lunch and cleaned up before settling down outside with everyone enjoying the weather and making chitchat.

Ava: "Y/n/n, I think I left my purse in the car. Can you get it? I'm so stuffed from lunch that I cant wake up," I chuckled softly and nodded.

Y/n: "Sure, excuse me." I mumbled before getting up and walking to the car.

Kendall's Pov.

I watched Y/n walk away and frowned, she was acting strange since a few days ago and I was worried about her but I didn't know if I should ask her about it or not. I sighed and looked back at her family who waited for the door to shut.

Y/d/n: "She might get upset but I should tell you all what's going on with her," He sat forward in his seat.

Hailey: "Great, so you also notice her weird behaviour, right?" She said making them nod.

Skyler: "We lost our granny two years ago and she doesn't handle it very well so when it comes to this time of the month, she shuts down a little. It isn't healthy but we let her be because she needs her own space and time to grieve." I frowned hearing what Skyler told us.

Kendall: "She always does this?" They nodded sadly.

Ava: "Y/n spent the most time with my granny at home and she raised us so there is a lot of unsolved emotions and Y/n just wishes she was around for the things she promised she would be around for..." I felt my heartbreak at their words.

Kendall: "What can we do?" I asked making them sigh.

Y/m/n: "Just be there for her. Y/n acts all tough but she needs someone to comfort her to keep her going."  I nodded my head.

Kendall: "Okay."

___

Y/n: "I can't believe we watched movies the entire day," She chuckled with a small yawn leaving her lips.

Kendall: "I'm glad we did, I needed a day where I could just lay in bed and do nothing." She smiled and kissed my head.

Y/n: "You know, I can tell you have something on your mind," I looked at her nervously, "Come on, tell me." She laid back on the pillows and stared at me.

Kendall: "I didn't want to say anything but your dad did speak to us a few days ago because we noticed that you've been acting off." She sighed and moved one hand to my back, running it up and down my back in a comforting way.

Y/n: "I knew I would have to speak about it sooner or later but I opted for the latter," I pouted.

Kendall: "I know it's difficult for you to talk about but you can always come to me with anything. We're in a relationship, Y/n and being in a relationship means you can tell me whatever is bothering you and I will do anything in my power to help." I said hoping that would get her to open up.

I noticed that it was a little difficult to get Y/n to open up but I understood where she was coming from because I was the same.

Opening up to someone was scary.

Y/n: "I lost my granny two years ago and it just weighs down on me, I guess. It is a lot for me to deal with especially since my family hardly speaks about it so I feel like I shouldn't talk about it? I don't know, it's all very complicated but it boils down to me missing her." She admitted with a sigh leaving her lips.

Kendall: "Maybe it's hard for them to think about her without getting emotional but it's okay for you to talk about her, it's not like you're doing anything wrong." I laid down on her chest and hugged her.

Y/n: "I know... it's just sad." I hugged her tighter and kissed her cheek.

Kendall: "It will be sad babe but it is going to be okay. You're strong and nothing is wrong with being vulnerable every now and then and I know this because you had this talk with me a while back," I teased seeing her smile at me and shake her head.

Y/n: "So you're using my words against me now?" I giggled.

Kendall: "Kinda but you know I'm right. It's hard for both of us to open up to people but it will pay off. I know that I'm willing to be open and vulnerable with you because I know you will listen and protect me." She hummed.

Y/n: "I am too," I pecked her lips softly.

Kendall: "Every relationship is a work and progress but I know we will be okay." She smiled and kissed me.

Y/n: "Thank you for that," I smiled and picked her lips.

Kendall: "I'm always going to be here." She hummed.

Y/n: "Always?" I nodded and pecked her lips.

Kendall: "Always."

___

This chapter was kind of a filter chapter but it also touched on how both Kendall and Y/n have a problem with opening up about the darker parts of them but yeah. The next one will be longer! 🌻