Chapter Nineteen:The Start Of a New Life

Start from the beginning

"DAD! STEP ON IT!" She yelled as she strapped in, her hands gripping her hardened belly as she rested her head on the seat. Her father pressed on the gas and sped down the road, making sure to drive as safe as he could since the hospital was on the other side of town.

Eva smiled when she saw Jax ride up beside her on his Harley, she almost cried when he shouted I love you just as they turned into the parking lot. She couldn't believe this was happening, she was having a baby. She never thought this could happen since she was told she couldn't have babies, but here she was in labor with her first child.

"Eva, you alright?" Jax asked as he opened the door the moment they parked, his hands reaching around to unbuckle her seat. He gently helped her up, his hand resting on her belly as he held her gently around the waist.

"Stop—stop. It's another one." Eva hissed as she felt intense pain—oh my god Jax!" She yelled as two nurses came out the entrance with a wheelchair. She sat down and yelled out in pain, the nurses wheeling her inside and up to maternity as quickly as possible.

"She looks mad at me." Jax chuckled as he walked inside with Nero, the nurses handing him paper work as he waited for the next elevator.

"She hates you right now, ese, so yeah be prepared she is gonna fuck you up tonight." Nero laughed as he slapped Jax on back, Jax making a scared face as they made it to the right floor. He filled out the paper work and rushed the room Eva was in, his heart racing as he could hear her yelling from the outside. Nero put his hands up and waited outside, fearing what could happen if he went inside the room.

"Eva?" He said, ducking as Eva threw a plastic cup at him. The nurse laugh and showed him a chair in the corner of the room, Jax watching as they hooked Eva up to several monitors. Ten minutes later the nurse left, Eva motioning for Jax to come to her side.

"I won't hurt you, I promise, just hold my hand." She breathed as she felt sweat break out on her forehead. She breathed as best as she could, knowing that the baby was coming soon. She grabbed Jax's hand, watching as he winced in pain, a smile forced on to his face as he tried to look tough.

"Are you—in pain?" He asked with a smile as he brushed her hair from her face, his lips gently kissing hers before another contraction hit. He took off his cut and reaper crew hat and tried to help Eva through the pain. "Just breath, darlin—just breath."

"I AM BREATHING YOU ASSHOLE!" Eva shouted as a strong contraction hit, her hand grabbing his white shirt as she tried to think calm thoughts. She rested her head on the bed, her mind feeling comfort as Jax rested his head to hers.

"I love you so much, Eva. You are so incredible." He whispered, Eva calmer as the next contraction hit, this one the strongest yet. She labored for nearly three hours before she felt the need to push, Jax jumping in the bed behind her to offer her help as Gemma and Lyla held her legs.

"You can do it, baby—just a few more pushes." Jax said as he held her shoulders, Eva's face covered in sweat as she continued to push. Eva grabbed Jax's jeans as she felt all the pain, refusing any type of pain killer.

"We have a head! Mrs. Teller just one more push and you have a baby girl." The doctor said with enthusiasm as Eva looked up at Jax, his smile giving her enough to push just once more. The moment she heard her daughter's first cry she felt a peace and a swelling in her heart that she had never felt before. She watched as Jax cut the cord, Gemma and Lyla taking pictures on their phone as the baby was cleaned off and wrapped.

"Eva—we have a baby girl." Jax said with tears in his eyes as he gently handed Camilla to Eva. Eva smiled down at her daughter, everything perfect, from her full head of brown hair to the blueness of her eyes. 

"She has your eyes, Jax and your nose." Eva said as she held her child close. She cupped Jax's face with her free hand and kissed him softly, this moment so precious to her that she never wanted it to end. She couldn't believe how lucky she was to be holding her child, since she wasn't supposed to be able to have children.

"Jax—did you ever think that day you called me in for a meeting we would be here?" She asked as she remembered that day perfectly. Remembered the people who were no longer with her, and the life that she had gladly left behind. Her entire life had changed in the course of a few months. It had all started with one phone call, and had blossomed into something lifelong and meaningful.

"Yeah—I did. I love you, Eva and I wouldn't go back and change a single thing—well one thing." He smirked. "I'd tell you how I felt the moment you stepped into the clubhouse—I wouldn't let my pride get in the way." He said, his eyes looking down at his daughter. He took Camilla in his arms and walked to the window, the doctors needing to tend to Eva before giving them privacy.

"She that town out there—that's your town baby girl. Look at you, so quiet and observant—just like your daddy." She smiled as he kissed her forehead gently. "I will never let anything happen to you—and I promise I will keep you safe." He whispered as he looked over at Eva, his life and his family finally complete.

He was president of his club and he had the woman of his dreams by his side along with his amazing children. The vision of John Teller had been realized, the right sacrifices made for it to happen. He looked out the window at the town of Charming, the entire world feeling small to him in that moment.

He used to say that the best had yet to come to him, but that was all in the past now. Before him he had the best wife, the best family, the best MC and the best kids a man could ask for. He knew that no matter what happened now he would ready for it, but one thing was certain, he was ready to finally start living. He no longer feared what the next day would bring, since now he was the man his father had wanted to be, his dream and vision realized.

THE END