Chapter Nine: Strange Emotions

HELLO!! Welcome to Chapter NINE!! Thank you so much for all the love for this story! Its really amazing to see all the votes and comments, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Sorry for the long wait

"Welcome back, Teller. Stay outta trouble this time." The guard and now close friend said as Jax stepped into his cell. He smiled as he saw a letter on his bunk, the pain now tolerable as he picked up the letter and slowly sat down. He didn't even have to read the sender, since he knew who it was from.

He was still sore and bandaged from the ordeal, but it was worth it knowing that Jimmy was dead. He was relieved to know the clubs were not at war over this, his heart still heavy as he knew Eva had confessed what had happened to her all those years ago. Opie would come out to the prison weekly to see them all, making sure to fill them in on what was going on.

He knew this letter was going to be life changing, since in his last letter he had finally confessed to his real feelings. Feelings he had kept hidden from everyone, including his best friend. He felt that his love for her was in vain, since they could never be together, but the events of the last months had shown him differently.

He opened the letter, leaning against the wall as his eyes started reading every single word so carefully.

    Dear Jax,

I want to start off this letter by saying thank you for what you did, as reckless as it was. No man has ever done that for me, especially not a man that once claimed to hate me. Jax when I read your letter I will admit that it took me off guard, made me cry and shake from fear. I thought it was a joke or a con of some sort, but then I realized that to be untrue.

I feel as if I am in some sort of dream, a dream that is bittersweet for me. I have no idea how I feel about you Jax, since I have been groomed to hate you. My life was about hating all that you were and all that you had to offer, but I know that to be bullshit.

I feel like I am going insane because here I am sitting in your house, on your couch missing you, Jax. It took me a moment to realize that, but it's true. I miss you, I miss seeing you, miss hearing your voice and yes I even miss the arguments we had. I came to the realization that if I am missing you it means I care for you Jax.

I have grown to care for you, and perhaps in my own way I always have. The sins of our fathers pushed us away, and yet here we are standing on the edge of the line that separates us ready to cross. You said you have been in love with me since I was 15, but how can you love me Jax? You don't know me, the real me, you know of the rumors that surrounded the woman I have become.

In all realness Jax, I don't know you either. I know nothing of who you are, or anything other than what the club has shown me. I learned from living in your house that you loved Maxim posters and Harley Davidson Magazines. I also know that you keep a picture of your father and mother under the gun in your bedside table.

At first the idea of being your wife scared me more than it repulsed me, the thought of have you as a husband made me worry that I could never live up to the title. You are Jax Teller, a man who is respected and feared, and I am Eva Cortez, the daughter of a man who is respected and feared. I never felt I could stand by your side and be the woman you needed, and yes this marriage is nothing but a lie, but it never fully felt that way.

You don't think I noticed the looks you would sneak? The glances we would share when the room would get tense. I noticed it all and yet I tried to deny it, deny that I was starting to feel anything for you. I think the day of realization came you were arrested, that look in your eyes as you were carted off into that armored truck.